Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Recommendation on Motorcycle Insurance Company

Progressive coverage with tow and trip interruption experience

I was returning from the 2021 Great Falls Rally. Heading home Sunday to the Olympia WA area on a 2014 1200RT. Near Post Falls ID I had a red warning light pointing to an electric system fault. Checked system voltage and it reported 10.9 or 11 volts and as I watched it was dropping. From a prior experience I thought I lost the alternator($). Got off next exit. To make a long story short, contacted Progressive and after some adventures they authorized a tow across the state of Washington to my usual dealer in Tacoma WA. 311 miles or more. My SO picked me up at the dealer and I was home before midnight Sunday. I was amazed and very happy. Even more happy to find out later that it was not the alternator($) but that the record heat had murdered the battery.

As always, this was only my experience and your mileage may well differ but I am very pleased with my interaction with Progressive.
    1997 Green R850R Mr. Toad
    2014 R1200RT no name yet but this bike is a wonder.

In the US, I've been very pleased with Allstate Insurance. Their rates are competitive here in South Carolina (although I'm new here, having moved from S. FL in Dec 2020).

YMMV.

Cheers,
    --Slipstream
    Last edited by SLIPSTREAM; 07-04-2021 at 10:15 PM.

BTW, sir, are you familiar with the RAF pilot Douglas Bader, whose callsign was "Dogsbody"?

My hero growing up.

Cheers,
    --Slipstream