• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

cee bailey sport shield or equivalent for 2012 RT

Mr. Jim
Does anyone know of a shield that is equivalent to the Cee Bailey sport shield for a 2012 RT? Cee Bailey appears to have dropped out of the motorcycle market. I'm looking for something with a lot more air flow than stock. In fact, I've even done some short rides without a windshield at all which produces an nice quiet airstream.

Give California Scientific a call. They will make you any size you want. I ordered a medium width and stock height for my RT
and after cutting 1 1/2" off it matched my old CB exactly. Very good service. See if you can find the dimensions of a sport CB to give them.
They also will cut down for free if you need a little more taken off the top.

I tried making a "sport" screen. Decided it was not going to sell, or at least customers would not be happy with it. There is simply no way to get rid of turbulence. I actually removed it on a test ride and realized that running with NO screen was much better than one that was not pushing air over your helmet. Buy a used screen, oem or any brand, and cut that down. I have it from the inside source that the Cee Bailey screen didn't sell well and they had as many try to send it back as kept it.

Really like my Sport shield

I have a C-B sport shield for my 13 that usually goes on about May here in Florida and stays on until October. I’ve ridden as far as to Texas and back with it and while it doesn’t offer the rain protection that my normal height one does, it is very adequate in almost all other conditions while getting me a lot more air. I’m 5-9 and The spillover hits me about chest high and my head sits above that in relatively clean air. If I raise the screen I can move the flow to where it hits the top vents on my helmet. I always wear earplug so the extra noise doesn’t bother me. Before I purchased it, I bought a used cal-ssci screen and played with it by cutting bits off but I didn’t have the patience to make it look good so after a year or so I purchased the CB, that was 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Back