Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: resting / stretching legs on R1100R boxer?

  1. #1
    1998 R1100R SE ABS
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    47

    resting / stretching legs on R1100R boxer?

    I get cramped riding on my R1100R, even with lowered pegs and the seat on the highest setting.

    Does anyone here rest their legs on the boxer motor? I do occasionally for short periods of time, but melted a hole in the back of my Sidi waterproof boots doing this.

    Can anyone recommend for / against this practice, and if you do, are you wearing tall thick leather boots, half chaps, or nomex pants / socks , or how are you keeping your legs and clothing and footwear intact ?
    Ed
    1998 R1100R 75th Anniversary Special Edition w/ ABS

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    St Lazare, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    230
    Had a pair of these on an RT that I sold. Not the best solution as your feet end up in a pretty high position but at least you had an option for foot position.

    http://www.ccmotorcycles.com/elfx.shtml

  3. #3
    1998 R1100R SE ABS
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by flhfxd View Post
    Had a pair of these on an RT that I sold. Not the best solution as your feet end up in a pretty high position but at least you had an option for foot position.

    http://www.ccmotorcycles.com/elfx.shtml
    Yeah, I've considered those, but I would expect the legs are still bent a fair amount. Those are about double the cost of a pair of tall engineer boots. Plus, it's nice to just stretch them out straight ...
    Ed
    1998 R1100R 75th Anniversary Special Edition w/ ABS

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    St Lazare, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    230
    Exactly. And they're way too pricey for you get IMHO. I'm keeping an eye on this thread hoping someone has a better (and less expensive) solution...
    Or..... it's time to get the welder out.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Alberta
    Posts
    15
    I have a no cost solution, stand up, I do it all the time on my R1100 S. Especialy if there isnít any traffic.

  6. #6
    1998 R1100R SE ABS
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by sudsr1100s View Post
    I have a no cost solution, stand up, I do it all the time on my R1100 S. Especialy if there isnít any traffic.
    I have done this once or twice recently. I will do this more. Thanks Suds!
    Ed
    1998 R1100R 75th Anniversary Special Edition w/ ABS

  7. #7
    Registered User PAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    725
    I have a set of the Elf pegs from a bike I sold. They do help! You can lay you foot on top or against as designed.
    Pegs fit: (single spark) BMW R1100RT, R1100RS, R1100GS, R1100R, R1100S, R1150GS, R1150RS, R1150R, R1150RT

    $175. plus shipping. CONUS ONLY

  8. #8
    Registered User slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    US129, Louisville,Tennessee
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by tedsalt View Post
    I have done this once or twice recently. I will do this more. Thanks Suds!
    In the state of Tennessee, that is now illegal...maybe others too. A few years back, during the heavy "Stunting" days they passed a law saying you can't take your butt off the seat. I don't understand why they had to do that, since you can write someone up for doing a wheelie as reckless...but, they did.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    In the state of Tennessee, that is now illegal...maybe others too. A few years back, during the heavy "Stunting" days they passed a law saying you can't take your butt off the seat. I don't understand why they had to do that, since you can write someone up for doing a wheelie as reckless...but, they did.
    Because most state legislators are not the brightest bulbs in the box. GS riders better be careful at Lebanon for the 2019 Rally.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  10. #10
    Pepperfool GSAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sechelt, British Columbia
    Posts
    2,799
    Illegal here in BC too.
    Idiots
    '
    Ufda happens..........

    Need your R11xx Hall sensor rewired? PM me.

  11. #11
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,007
    Quote Originally Posted by PAS View Post
    I have a set of the Elf pegs from a bike I sold. They do help! You can lay you foot on top or against as designed.
    Pegs fit: (single spark) BMW R1100RT, R1100RS, R1100GS, R1100R, R1100S, R1150GS, R1150RS, R1150R, R1150RT

    $175. plus shipping. CONUS ONLY
    A reminder- we keep commerce off the forum as there is no cleanup.....An offer like this could be here for years and someone seeing it will be looking for these parts.....You know, like the bulletin board at the supermarket with years old postings.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  12. #12
    Registered User PAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    A reminder- we keep commerce off the forum as there is no cleanup.....An offer like this could be here for years and someone seeing it will be looking for these parts.....You know, like the bulletin board at the supermarket with years old postings.
    OM
    Got ya!

    ATTENTION WEB MODERATOR and tedsalt...My private message isnt working!!!
    Last edited by PAS; 07-02-2018 at 02:38 PM.

  13. #13
    Registered User lkchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    6,108
    Passenger footpegs provide four different riding positions.
    Kent Christensen
    21482
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

  14. #14
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,007
    Quote Originally Posted by PAS View Post
    Got ya!

    ATTENTION WEB MODERATOR and tedsalt...My private message isnt working!!!
    I just sent you a message. Pretty rare it doesn't work although there is a setting that would block all member messages.
    OM
    Last edited by Omega Man; 07-02-2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Manually correct auto correct
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Similar Threads

  1. Stretching Legs
    By bogdan in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 01:53 PM
  2. Suggestions for stretching gloves?
    By greggsnider in forum Gear
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
  4. Boot Stretching Advice
    By greenwald in forum Gear
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •