• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Patagonia

nickyo

Looking for your actual experience and advice. Trying to decide between Motoquest and Ayres tours of Chile and Argentina in January 19. Motoquest appears to be more suited to GS off road than Ayres which claims to be 95% paved. Prefer the dirt, but Ayres has good rep for quality. Advice???

ADVTraveler

I am going to South Africa with Ride Adventures out of Oregon. I know they do go to South America and Patagonia. They do guided as well as self guided trips. I met them at the Salt Lake rally and decided to book my trip to Africa with them. Check them out at rideadv.com. Good luck!

Bmw

Looking for your actual experience and advice. Trying to decide between Motoquest and Ayres tours of Chile and Argentina in January 19. Motoquest appears to be more suited to GS off road than Ayres which claims to be 95% paved. Prefer the dirt, but Ayres has good rep for quality. Advice???

I went 18 months ago with BMW Motorrad Tours - based in the UK but I think there are local partners. A lot of the roads in Patagonia are still gravel or hard packed dirt so you'll get off road time in as a matter of course if you are heading south though much of this is being tarmacced in the name of 'progress'. Beautiful country, awe inspiring scenery, amazing riding and steaks as big as your imagination!

Back