• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Another, WHAT would you have done?

That was just unbelievable! If something like that happened to me and I survived I would never ever ride again ever! This is just such a different world compared to when I began riding road motorcycles. Actually I've had thoughts of ending my riding career anyway especially given my age (75) and it makes me nervous when my wife is on board because it's one thing being injured myself but I don't want to get her injured just because I like to ride. Not fair to her at all. Then what if I walked away and she didn't. I can't stand to even think about that.:dunno

Road rage!

Everything is a teaching. People in cars can be angry, impatient, impaired, and aggressive. We don’t know what precipitated this violent act. Ride to live and ride to avoid angry drivers. Being on a bike can offer us advantages and disadvantages on the open road.

What I'd do at that moment in time? Nothing, because there's nothing you can do, it's over. Get up, and check for injuries, wait for emergency services to arrive and get the bike off the road and towed.

What I'd do AFTER I found out who he was and where he could be found? It's probably not the best idea to divulge that on an open forum. :dunno

There were several bikes there. One should render aid. Another should follow and obtain the license number. And of course call 911.

So, you think that was funny? Give me advance warning if you ever plan to visit my neck of the woods.

Please review my post again. My statement was in response to another post, not the video. I assume you mistook my response as targeted at the video.

Everything is a teaching. People in cars can be angry, impatient, impaired, and aggressive. We don’t know what precipitated this violent act. Ride to live and ride to avoid angry drivers. Being on a bike can offer us advantages and disadvantages on the open road.

Exactly, in order to fully understand this you need to understand what happened before the video started. Road Rage is tit-for-tat. When some one cuts in front of you, or starts a heated exchange, you let it go. You, keep your cool. It is not worth it.

I've always thought that an anger management class should be a mandatory public school course, as if teachers already don't have enough to do.

E.

I drive fairly aggressively (I did learn to drive in NYC after all) but on a bike? I'm totally passive. I can't speak to the specifics of what happened here, but if confronted with an overly aggressive cager, I'm a "let him pass or otherwise get the f out of Dodge" kinda guy. You can't win with a cage. Fact of life. Get over it.

There is a certain tribal-aggression though that emboldens people in groups, in this a case a gaggle of 'tough-guy' bikers. You get a group of guys together like this and you tend to get a pack mentality going thinking you have a bunch of like-minded buddies ready to cover your back. In group rides I try very hard not to let myself fall into this trap. It's not just HD 'tough guys', a couple of years ago there was video of some idiot in a Range Rover getting dragged out of his car and beaten by a large group of squids (one was an NYPD officer no less). Pack-think is bad.

Back