• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW R7 of 1934 back to life?

motoicon

any fans of old times BMW bikes around here? like from 1930s?

there was a prototype built 1934...named a legendary treasure of Art Deco times....unfortunately never went into production because was way too much ahead of its time and was expensive to build at that time also...but it truly is a piece of art that was left in storage and forgotten for 70 years until they found it and put it back together....question is why no production in todays world?

few days ago I stumbled upon this sketch...looks very recent... I really would love it if they put it back into production...what do yo guys think?bmw_r7.jpgr777.jpg

Last edited:
R 7

Go back and reread your question. Then ask yourself, "how did I miss the answer to my own question" in my question ???????

Friedle

The NMoto site seems to be suggesting they're doing something along the lines of the R7.

The June 2013 issue of the Owners News has an article on the R7. It was too heavy and expensive to go to production. However, parts of the design concept made it to BMW series as time went by. Also, Alfred Boning was the designer associated with the R7. He also headed up the project for the /5 series. Pretty cool!

That bike would make a good limited run modern retro model. Wouldn't that be nice !
I'll take one.
Till I find out how much it would cost.

Charlie

Back