Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cardo, Sena, other?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanColes View Post
    For me, my Senas have always worked well with my modular and non-modular helmets. However, I'm not a fan of the Boom Mic and how it was constantly getting repositioned by brushing against my face when putting on the helmet or against the helmet when closing it.

To get rid of that issue and still have a very usable setup I positioned my "universal" boom mic in between the cheek-pad and the helmet with virtually no wand portion of it sticking out. Have a look at Richard Battle's instillation here ( ).

What I had done was to have much less of the wand portion sticking out. (for some reason the pictures are rotating when I upload them, sorry)

Name:  20180817_182012.jpg
Views: 2443
Size:  54.2 KB

This is another view. The small mic on the bottom is for my Sena Prism Tube camera.
    Name:  20180817_182043.jpg
Views: 2254
Size:  69.9 KB

The mic position for my comms is out of the way and angled so that it fits right into the space by the chin-bar but doesn't interfere with the helmet or my face when putting the helmet on, taking it off or wearing it. Everyone has a different take on what works best for them, this is what I like.

Thit is a really LARGE microphone! How do you find room for your face?

I have a C3. I use a Packtalk Slim on it. The JBLs are great.

The secret to a quiet helmet is the windscreen. I have Aeroflow Tall. I like the Cardo to my phone only and plug the phone into power in the tank bag. I don't liink to the bike. Verbal commands work great when helmet is quiet.

I have molded ear speakers but they push against the speakers in my helmet when I use them. Not hard, but enough that I get sore after an hour or so.

Helmet speakers are fine for me. When you don't plug the bike's widgets in to the Cardo, phone works as intended, music is much clearer and you just play your music through the phone without the bike distorting it. When phone is plugged into the bike's power, you don't run out of battery.

"Hey Cardo, next track" works fine for me if something comes on that I don't need to hear. If I get a call, the music shuts off and the phone rings. "Answer" will get me on the phone. "End Call" hangs it up.

"Hey Cardo, Volume up"
    2017 R1200RT; Carbon Black; all the goodies...no mods yet!
    -2005 R1200RT; Black repaint; Wilbers adj. susp; Bar-baks; Sargent seats; 94K 6/2018.
    -2000 Aprilia RSV Mille R; 20K 6/2018

Adirondack Adventurer ewebbinaro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachz View Post
    I'd consider myself pretty geeky and when I got my F800 two years ago endeveroured to find the "best" (for me) bluetooth setup for my helmet and after much fiddling and testing I've been quite happy with the Cardo Pactalk.
    I agree. Was toss up for Sena 30R or whatever it was but none of the Sena are waterproof! That won't do for me. Whatever brand definitely mesh if you can afford it.
    For Adventure riders in or around Central & Northern New York, checkout ADKADV.com

I've got one helmet with the sena 20s, two others with cardo ptb units installed.

Cardo's connect to other units easier IMO.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

I bought a Cardo Freecom 1+ for in July for my Wife (passenger) and I. With Cardo's sale and 20% off coupon I got a 1+ duo for $160. This works great for rider and passenger. Does what more expensive units do without group capability and activation by voice. It does activate the intercom by voice, but you have to use the buttons for volume and invoking whatever assistant you use. I upgraded from a 10 year old Cardo and was an excellent upgrade with out paying $300 plus for a unit. If I were in groups I would get the packtalk bold.

I use Shure se215 in-ear monitors with them.

https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/earphones/se215

https://www.cardosystems.com/shop/freecom-1-plus/

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oscs; 06-20-2021 at 06:15 PM.

I've had both Cardo and Sena units. Sena was my choice until the Cardo Packtalk Bold came along. No question that the Packtalk Bold is more reliable in wet weather, Sena replaced several units for me that got soaked. But the ease of pairing and repairing the Cardo units with Mesh technology is hands down the best feature.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

The most sensible answer is the BMW Communicator from BMW.

BMW is under no obligation to ensure its system works with aftermarket components, but the Communicator certainly works with your bike radio, wonder wheel, NAV, etc.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S

Not sensible to me as I don't use the bike radio.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post

BMW is under no obligation to ensure its system works with aftermarket components, but the Communicator certainly works with your bike radio, wonder wheel, NAV, etc.

Sensible if you can wear the limited choice of helmets that fit the BMW communicator. I can't wear the Schuberth, worst fitting helmet I ever tried on. I had on my head for just few seconds and that was enough!

Also not excited about paying extra for the BMW logo.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post

How well and easily does this pair with either Sena or Cardo units that my riding buddies have?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/