• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dealer Experience?

wjrich100

Have an opportunity to purchase a bike from Freedom Powersports in Huntsville, AL- anybody have any opinions on them? I'm located out of state, so this would be a purchase only as I'd be getting the bike serviced by a different dealership.

Have an opportunity to purchase a bike from Freedom Powersports in Huntsville, AL- anybody have any opinions on them? I'm located out of state, so this would be a purchase only as I'd be getting the bike serviced by a different dealership.

Just curious, why would you not buy the bike from the dealer who is going to be servicing it for you?

Freedom has enterprises throughout the south and here in Texas. They are a good dealer for the brands they carry. I have never seen them carry BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom has enterprises throughout the south and here in Texas. They are a good dealer for the brands they carry. I have never seen them carry BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure, but I think they may have purchased/merged with the local dealer there. they've been really helpful and straightforward so far.

My 2 cents. Things may have changed in the last 40 years, but I bought my /6 by price.
Paid the savings many times over with lousy service.
Bear in mind, you will be last on the priority list at your servicing dealer.
He also has a family to feed.

Last edited:
My 2 cents. Things nay have changed in the last 40 years, but I bought my /6 by price.

Unless a bridge is burnt with a specific dealership, most dealers appreciate getting service work as much as selling cycles, whatever the price. Lousy service isn't exclusive to who didn't sell the unit. It can be found anywhere...just like good service.

Unless a bridge is burnt with a specific dealership, most dealers appreciate getting service work as much as selling cycles, whatever the price. Lousy service isn't exclusive to who didn't sell the unit. It can be found anywhere...just like good service.

Agreed.

No, more to the point life is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you expect good service you'll get it. If you're combative, you likely won't.

My 2 cents. Things may have changed in the last 40 years, but I bought my /6 by price.

Morton's in Fredricksburg used to be a great dealership. Haven't been by since they were in Spotsylvania.

No, more to the point life is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you expect good service you'll get it. If you're combative, you likely won't.

One might suspect being combative and burning a "bridge" are one in the same and initiated by either entities or both. And typically happens after "surprising" lousy service has been rendered.

Back