• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recommended Mechanics in Rhode Island (86 R80 Airhead)

chopchopr80

Hi guys,

New to the area, (and the country). I have an 86 R80 Airhead in need of some work, and was wondering if you guys know any mechanics who know their way around airheads. I also have some general custom fabrication requirements, as I am stripping it down to some sort of scrambler/brat/bobber hybrid, so would be nice to know if anyone in the area can help with that as well.

Thanks!

Welcome, chopchop! Check this independent mechanic link (found in my signature link). It's a somewhat old list, but it collected a number mechanics based upon word-of-mouth Airhead owners. Might give you some people to discuss things with and if you find someone that speaks your language, you can give it a try.

http://micapeak.com/bmw/Airhead-Shops.html

I see one place in N. Kingstown...but maybe there are others in nearby states.

Duncan in Maynard Mass. Also there used to be an indy guy in Southern Rhode Island, I forget his name.. Call Razees and ask the service dept, he used to work there and they are happy to refer him.

Back