• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 K1600GT - Rider 5'9" w 30" inseam requesting comments on a replacement screen

desmoderek

MotoDruid
2013 K1600GT - Rider 5'9" w 30" inseam requesting comments on a replacement screen

Looking for less buffeting and turbulence over 60 mph.
The OE screen does this quite well but cuts right across my field of vision, or I need to look through it to be in the bubble.
Thoughts on a shorter, wider screen with a rounded top may allow the screen positioning (angle ) to be different due to the path of the electric adjustability.

Comments (on topic) appreciated.

Cheers!

Having just moved over from a 1200GSw, I'm loving all aspects so far, just like to improve the airflow a bit.

Last edited:
replacement screen

I had a problem with buffeting with the stock screen on my GTL. I could see over it in the low position but it cut across my line of vision when raised enough to do any good. But still the buffeting at highway speed was bad. I replaced it with the taller Vstream and it reduces the buffeting remarkably but I am looking through it all the time. It is more vertical than the stock screen, however, it is so clear and distortion free that I haven't found it to be a problem. The pillion rider says the wind situation for her is fine (and that is all that counts!). Plus it's polycarbonate and birds, rocks and chunks of s**t falling off trucks won't go through it and maybe take my head off.

At 6 ft with 32 inch I went with Aeroflow medium and 4 piece winglet set. Self and passenger happy. LT in many ways was more comfortable but happy days gone buy.

Thanks for the comments.
I ordered a 7Jurock Type A with the flipped top and 19" height.
Let's see how that works.

Back