Thread: 2013 K1600GT - Rider 5'9" w 30" inseam requesting comments on a replacement screen

2013 K1600GT - Rider 5'9" w 30" inseam requesting comments on a replacement screen

Looking for less buffeting and turbulence over 60 mph.
    The OE screen does this quite well but cuts right across my field of vision, or I need to look through it to be in the bubble.
    Thoughts on a shorter, wider screen with a rounded top may allow the screen positioning (angle ) to be different due to the path of the electric adjustability.

Comments (on topic) appreciated.

Cheers!

Having just moved over from a 1200GSw, I'm loving all aspects so far, just like to improve the airflow a bit.
    Last edited by desmoderek; 06-23-2018 at 02:37 AM.
    Andrew
    MOA # 210167
    Dark Grey K1600GT Liquid Cement Grey Monster 1200 S Bonnie Black Scrambler (carb)

replacement screen

I had a problem with buffeting with the stock screen on my GTL. I could see over it in the low position but it cut across my line of vision when raised enough to do any good. But still the buffeting at highway speed was bad. I replaced it with the taller Vstream and it reduces the buffeting remarkably but I am looking through it all the time. It is more vertical than the stock screen, however, it is so clear and distortion free that I haven't found it to be a problem. The pillion rider says the wind situation for her is fine (and that is all that counts!). Plus it's polycarbonate and birds, rocks and chunks of s**t falling off trucks won't go through it and maybe take my head off.

At 6 ft with 32 inch I went with Aeroflow medium and 4 piece winglet set. Self and passenger happy. LT in many ways was more comfortable but happy days gone buy.
    J C Hughes
    "When you play, play hard, when you work don't play at all".
    Colonel Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by desmoderek View Post
    Looking for less buffeting and turbulance over 60 mph.
    Great bike. I had the same year and model. The AeroFlow AeroScreen fixed the buffeting and noise for me. We are exactly the same height. The medium worked for me.

Thanks for the comments.
    I ordered a 7Jurock Type A with the flipped top and 19" height.
    Let's see how that works.
    Andrew
    MOA # 210167
    Dark Grey K1600GT Liquid Cement Grey Monster 1200 S Bonnie Black Scrambler (carb)