• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Paralever spline lube

Probably would. Snowbum has a section on spline lubes...Section 6A here:

http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/chemicalsetc.htm

Obviously there are transmission input splines...I'm not familiar with the paralever...are there rear splines? I thought one of the later models had the wheel bolted directly to the final drive...no splines.

I thought one of the later models had the wheel bolted directly to the final drive...no splines.

Both the Monolever and the Paralever have the wheel bolted directly to the final drive - no splines at the wheel as there are on the twin shock airheads. On the Paralever only, there are splines on the final drive end of the driveshaft that need to be lubed.

There is practically no need to lube Paralever splines. If the bike has never had it done in 25 years, OK, but it's not a regular thing. Do it when the swingarm comes off for some other reason.

Back