Thread: Toolbox for 1200GSW (not adventure) with Vario cases

Toolbox for 1200GSW (not adventure) with Vario cases

I've seen a lot of nice toolbox options for GSA's, but wondering if anyone knows of a good toolbox option for a non-Adventure GS that has the Vario cases on them?
    Aftermarket option or a hack is fine. I'm finding that between my growing list of tools and and a tire pump, more and more of my space is being taken up by tools.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Look at space under pillion seat, you might be able to utilize it

My own tool roll is very sparse, mini snap-on ratcheting screw driver with common torx bits, leatherman tool, front axel/coil removal adapter, spark plug socket and 2 spare spark plugs
    Cyclegear tire pump and patch kit

Jim

Under seat worked well for me until...

Quote Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
    Look at space under pillion seat, you might be able to utilize it

My own tool roll is very sparse, mini snap-on ratcheting screw driver with common torx bits, leatherman tool, front axel/coil removal adapter, spark plug socket and 2 spare spark plugs
    Cyclegear tire pump and patch kit

Jim
    I had a fairly sizeable tool kit put together that lived under my pillion seat until I installed an ezCAN there. Now it lives in my right pannier. Another thing that really helped me out with tools and associated stuff were these: http://giviusa.com/givi-products/sof...oolbags-detail
    The under-tail bag is a perfect size to hold my tire repair kit, and I have the side bags stuffed with things like flashlights, tie straps, tape, super glue, electrical terminals, etc. Visually, the bags all but disappear on the bike because of where they sit, and they sure helped me cut down on the clutter in my panniers.

Space fro tools

I know this doesn't help you but I was surprised by the lack of space under the seat of my 16 GSA. I went from a 06 RT and even the box I bought for the GSA wouldn't hold all the tools I had under the seat. There was enough room I even had a pair of work glove under there.

Adventure Designs makes a nice box that replaces the pillion seat.

https://www.advdesigns.com/rurelopiboxf.html
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I ultimately ditched the Varios and went with Brooks aluminum panniers. For about $300 net (after sale of Varios) I'm super happy. Way more space now so I was able to build out a proper tool kit and just keep it in the panniers.

This is a nice design, albeit pricey. Also, they claim that the rear splash guard must be removed. I haven't added it to my 16 GSA, but have considered it (ya gotta admit, it sure is pretty to look at).

https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Tool...-ADV-All-Years
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2016 R1200GSW

My bad! You said "Vario cases". Don't think this will work for you.
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2016 R1200GSW

My tool roll sits neatly in the left vario, in the upper portion that's narrower than the rest of the pannier due to the exhaust pipe. It's an extensive tool roll, 4" in diameter and fits that cubby shelf perfectly.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr