• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

burnt luggage on the muffler

blkb1rd

Greetings ALL
Yes I forgot rule 1.. Function over style...On my way to last weekends Gathering of the Clan in NC.. I secured my Chase Harper bags under my new café seat instead of over it. I did look and the bags weren't touching BUT I guess my big belly and a few road bump allowed contact and it was game on. The burn mark on both sides is about 9 inches long and 4 across. Nice pretty ovals . So my question, YES there is a question once you all stop laughing, how do I remove the stuff (mixture of nylon and plastic) Yea burnt all the way through. My newest Aithead T has a half dozen burn holes OR looks ever better, depending on the opinion. As always thanks in advance.

Tom Casey
1975 R75/6 Ole yeller
2016 R12RT yet to be named

burnt luggage

Go to any Harley event. There is always somebody there with a heavy duty sewing machine to stich your latest "F@#k You" patch to your jacket/vest. They should be able to stich some sort of patch (canvas or FU, your choice) to cover the burn holes. Good luck.

Friedle

Burnt luggage

You should have gone to the Illinois airhead Campout in Pontiac Illinois last weekend instead, the rain would have protected your bags
P.S. Lots of very nice sidecar people at same Campout

Burnt luggage

Here's what is happening Ron at Chase Harper is allowing me to return my damaged bags and buy a NEW set at half price
This is Great..

Tom Casey (older and sadly NOT much wiser)

Back