Thread: I should have done more reseach 2009 G650GS

I should have done more reseach 2009 G650GS

I think I made a big mistake buying this bike 1st I had no idea the engine was assembled in China. Buying Chinese anything is like a sin to me nothing but junk is made their 2nd I cannot find a performance exhaust anywhere and it doesn't seem any and I mean anyone ever made any I've tried Supertrapp, Yoshimura, Two Brother and others nothing. I beleive I made a big mistake buying it although it only ha 6700 miles on it and it looks brand new

Donít waste your money on a performance exhaust it only makes it louder. Instead, make an investment in upgrading the suspension. It will be easier to go faster that way.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by manmountain View Post
    I think I made a big mistake buying this bike 1st I had no idea the engine was assembled in China. Buying Chinese anything is like a sin to me nothing but junk is made their
    Nothing junky about that engine. The company I just retired from originally had their appliances made in Alabama. 80% failure/recall rate that first year almost broke them. Moved to China after meeting some of their engineers and realizing that they really had their stuff together. Failure rate now is a tiny fraction of 1%

That's what happens in countries where education isn't a profit center...
    '12 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Tulliver and Glenlivet

http://travelswithbarley.com/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    Nothing junky about that engine. The company I just retired from originally had their appliances made in Alabama. 80% failure/recall rate that first year almost broke them. Moved to China after meeting some of their engineers and realizing that they really had their stuff together. Failure rate now is a tiny fraction of 1%
    I have to agree on this. While I'm still a fan of "Made in America", I have found that outsourced manufacturing can be done properly if it's requested to be done properly. Price driven items are a whole different matter. Some of the real fancy (wish I had one) BMW riding suits are made in china and are as good as I've ever seen.
    The new BMW 310 series of bikes are made in India. I think the manufacturing in India can do it the way BMW wants it done.

That's what happens in countries where education isn't a profit center...
    Well Pete, all I can say about that statement is I thought I was the only one that thought college had become the new high school- for a fee.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Ain't nothing wrong with the OEM exhaust. These OEM systems are specifically tuned to the engines.

In fact, their's more wrong with an aftermarket exhaust. You'll generally lose power with a poor one, even a well manufactured one would only give a minuscule performance gain and just be a waste of money.