• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttle lock for r1200r, 07 with heated grips?

Need your help!
What is the best throttle lock that will not interfere with my heated grips?
I have used the locks on other brands over the years and understand the danger. These are only used on long highway trips to give my right hand a break.
Thanks
Charlie

The Kaoko has one flaw common to that type - as the grip heats up - the locking force increases. I use mine as a "drag" on the throttle - I want it neutral so I can let go at any time and not have the bike instantly slow down, yet be able to easily roll off the throttle. I have carpal-tunnel and arthritis - and that's what lets me ride. Problem is - it tightens up as the grip heater warms up. One chap did make one that wouldn't do this - it had a spring loaded plate that pressed against the end of the throttle tube - the spring allowed for some expansion of the tube with heating, without increasing the friction force. Clever design, dunno if I can find who it was who made it though. I should have bought one..

And the O ring under the bar-end works well too - and isn't effected by the grip heater.

Back