• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anthony Bourdain....dead at 61

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Well, this is just a shame. Anthony Bourdain no doubt had his demons....but wasn't afraid to talk about them.

170905122613-anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-trinidad-exlarge-169.jpg

This was a show that I really enjoyed and watched whenever it was on. For me, it brought the best parts of travel and food (cooking) to a television show that was interesting, informative and funny. While traveling to his many destinations, "Tony" would take you through the culture of the area that he was visiting like no other show I have seen.

More here-

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

If you enjoy a show that, in a very short time, will bring you into an areas culture.....catch a re-run.

OM

And if you need help....ask!

Pearls Before Swine - already out in the public domain 6/19/2013, so no issue with posting here... The author, Stephan Pastis, said that he got a personal thank you from Anthony Bourdain writing for this strip.

PBS.jpg

For all you in the Texas (Big Bend) area, looks like a new show tomorrow night on CNN....9 eastern.
The tribute to Tony is replaying now :thumb
OM

For all you in the Texas (Big Bend) area, looks like a new show tomorrow night on CNN....9 eastern.
The tribute to Tony is replaying now :thumb
OM

We are eager to see this one. Several of our local friends were involved and might actually be seen in the episode. Look for, among others, John and Molly Ferguson from Presidio/Ojinaga.

The Big Bend episode repeats at 9pm tonight and at 8pm tomorrow. All times eastern.
OM

From CBS Sunday Morning-

Three years ago, the globetrotting chef, author and TV host Anthony Bourdain died by suicide at age 61. Inexplicable to many, his death touched millions who knew him as an inspiring television presence. Now, a new documentary, "Roadrunner," explores the complexity of the man who seemed to have the world as his oyster. Correspondent Jim Axelrod talks with filmmaker Morgan Neville, and with colleagues who discuss the extraordinary trajectory of Bourdain's life.

I'm looking forward to the documentary.

I miss the show.

OM

It has been almost four years, I don’t think I can bring myself to watch it. Same with the books.

However, some of my favorite episodes was the California High Desert when Josh Homme. Also, when he went to CNN the trip to Spain was my favorite.

It has been almost four years, I don’t think I can bring myself to watch it. Same with the books.

However, some of my favorite episodes was the California High Desert when Josh Homme. Also, when he went to CNN the trip to Spain was my favorite.

I understand what you are saying.

Welcome to the forum!

Gary

The new documentary is out. Roadrunner, THE JOURNEY CHANGES YOU.

“This unflinching look at Bourdain reverberates with his presence, in his own voice and in the way he indelibly impacted the world around him”.

I found it very well done.

OM

He came up here once and hung out with a local chef who's a friend of mine. He said Anthony was a great guy.

Back