• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bench racing & morning reads

junkjohn

Watch This!!!
When I go to Bench racing & morning reads, My computer locks up and I get a box at the bottom of the screen that says: bmwmoa.org is not responding due to along-running script. I also have noticed I can't see a lot of pictures and videos people are posting?

When did this start? Any recent changes to your computer and settings? On my computers, the thread takes a long time to load because of all the content and graphics.

When you say "...I can't see a lot of pictures and videos people are posting" do you mean just mika's pictures or other people's pictures? That sounds like a security setting local to your machine.

Have you tried logging out of the MOA forum and logging back in?

Script Message:
I am not certain what is causing this. I did post, then changed, a video with an auto-reply feature. This was causing some problems. I will look through things again to see what else may be causing this. If you could PM me with a rough idea of when this began it would aid my search.

Pictures:
The pictures are there; however, in some cases, they will be the last thing to load in a post.

The forum limits the number of pictures you are able to include in a single post. I have been trying to make my posts more visual. The Mods have worked with me and we came up with a new number (30). In that process I found a work around, which is not counted in the VB system, allowing me to post more pictures. I need to understand the implications of this for how a posts loads.

I use SmugMug as a host for pictures. In the last month or so I have been using their gallery feature more and more. Galleries and videos are not counted in the picture count limit. Galleries allow for many more pictures (This Friday's posts contains a gallery 96 of GS Trophy pictures) but take time to load and slow the process down.

Videos add to the posts load time, so I am being more and more cautious in how many I include and where.

There is a pecking order for loading content.
1) Text and links
2) Single images
3) YouTube videos
4) Galleries

This is a work in process. I am constantly learning. This Friday's post opens with a single picture followed by, a 96 picture gallery, text, three videos, text and a 12 image gallery. I only used one of the thirty pictures I am allowed while creating a loading nightmare for you. I am not certain but in the entire post and with galleries there may be nearly 300 pictures in that post.

Thank you for being a reader and for taking the time to post about this. I am working to make the thread better and appreciate your comments.

It is not just your pics. I think OM posted one recently that I cannot view either. I will try to log out and in.

John -

Have you tried accessing the thread on a different computer? Can you log in on a different machine somewhere...public library, etc....see how it works then. It really sounds like it's something with your computer.

My aunt seems to have her "issues" with Google Chrome. But yes, browsers have settings which control what you can see. If there has been a change in browsers or an upgrade, settings could have changed. So, trying a different computer and different browsers will help figure things out. Not sure what operating system you're using, but you could download another browser and see what that does. You have the option of identifying which browser you want as your default.

Fyi

Just looked thread with old slow short on memory iPad it worked fine little bit slow but not much different than looking at WeatherBug
Thanks for keeping up the good stuff!

On an older computer with a slower connection, I found it helpful to reduce the number of posts per page (Forum Actions>General Settings). Loading post 29 of 30 on an empty cache took forever, and even the computer thought the site was not responding. Post 10 of 10 suited my patience level much better.

On an older computer with a slower connection, I found it helpful to reduce the number of posts per page (Forum Actions>General Settings). Loading post 29 of 30 on an empty cache took forever, and even the computer thought the site was not responding. Post 10 of 10 suited my patience level much better.

I found 10 posts per page worked well also.

Back