• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings with sadness from Pittsburgh, PA...

jjoy

My name is Jeff Joy and I've been a BMW rider since I was 18--starting with a 1974 R90/6. Today I ride an F800GT which certainly captures the spirit and quirks of my old boxer.

I am posting today not about me, but rather about fellow BMW rider Bruce Miklavic of Gibsonia, PA---a Pittsburgh suburb. Bruce was tragically killed this Memorial Day while on a peaceful country ride with his wife on the back. Apparently a car driving in the opposite direction crossed into Bruce's lane striking his BMW head on. Whether in a car or on a motorcycle, I suspect the outcome would not have been good. I ask you to take a moment and reflect on the beauty and brevity of life---the best part is the ride...

If you are able and willing to give Bruce's family any support at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/bruce-amp-kathy-miklavic-support-fund

Cheers,

Jeff

Deepest Sympathy

Our sympathies to you in the loss of Bruce, a fellow BMW Rider. Even though I never met him, his face was familiar at rallies.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Darryl and Terry Cainey

loss of a BMW rider. condolences from Danielsville, PA

Our sympathies to you in the loss of Bruce, a fellow BMW Rider. Even though I never met him, his face was familiar at rallies.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Darryl and Terry Cainey/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing Jeff, and welcome to the forums. Sincere condolances for the loss of your friend. When one of us looses a friend, all of us do.

My Sympathies

Jeff,

My sincere condolences for the loss of your friend, the loss to his family and the loss to our riding community.

Wes

Back