• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75 Unable to synchronize cylinders

BILL WALLACE

I'm stumped.
During the winter I removed the throttle body housing and plenum. The TB was thoroughly cleaned of gunk and bypass air screw's O-rings where replaced.
I am not able to synchronize the cylinders. (ie #1 cylinder reads high while #3 cylinder reads very low, while #2 is somewhere in the middle. The bypass screws can not make the adjustment, i have tried everything.)
A motorcycle tech well versed in k75 mentioned the butterfly valves are not matted from the factory from the through cleaning and debris removed plus 28 years of riding - 346,000kms.

Recommended to synchronize the butterfly valves before synchronizing the cylinders. He stated run k75 to operating temp
then adjust the idle screw to increase the RPM slightly above 950 RPM,
then close the bypass air screws and with a carb stick adjust the factory set TB screws to balance the valves which worked.
(I increased the factory set screw between #2 and #3 TB by 3/4 close wise turn.)

Next step to synchronize cylinders.
Opened air bypass screws 1 1/2 turns and with a little tweaking the cylinders were balanced, HOWEVER i can not return the 1200 RPM to 950.

Does anyone have information?

Bill,

It's usually a VERY bad idea to touch the linkage screws between the throttle bodies, but that is not helpful to you since you already did it. Note to others: DON'T TOUCH the screws on the linkage between the throttle bodies!!!

Are you sure the throttle position switch or the fast idle cable is not holding the throttle open? If not, just slowly tighten the bypass screws (while maintaining balance) until the idle is where you want it. Factory says 950 + or - 50. I prefer 1050. It makes for smoother takeoff from a light.

:dance:dance:dance

Back