• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from rain soaked Central Florida!

fatstrat

Looks as though riding season is ending early this year. Myself...my preferred riding season (in Florida) is October to May. No rain, dry air, no bugs etc. At any rate...hello all!
I recently purchased a 1984 R100RT. Considering it's age...it's in very nice condition. I bought it from the second owner who, himself, bought it in February of this year. He never titled it. He put 50 miles on it just riding around the block. 38,000 showing on the clock.
I'd say the bike was never abused, but rather, neglected. I've worked steadily for weeks to correct that. The maintenance is complete and she runs and looks pretty darned good! I was hoping to go for a toot today but that tropical storm out in the Gulf is still causing havoc. Maybe tomorrow.
This is my 4th Beemer. The first was a 1951 R50 that I bought while stationed in Germany. I wish that I still had it. The second was a 1965 R60 that I bought in... 1977? The third was a 2005 K1200LT. The most trouble prone motorcycle that I have ever owned. With that being said...it also had the best ride quality of anything I've ever owned. Number 4 is my "new to me" 84 RT. It will share the stable with a CTX1300 Honda and the wifes 1998 Honda Magna (I can't help it, I'm a big fan of Japanese engineering).
Lately, I've been sneaking a little further and further from home to build confidence in the RT's reliability. I'm hoping to take it on a two week trek from Florida through the Appalachians, around N.E. and back home this July. We'll see.
Anyhoo...It's a pleasure to read these forums and draw upon the knowledge of people who know the stuff that I need to learn. Keep it coming! Ride on Brothers!

FS

Hello back!

Looks as though riding season is ending early this year. Myself...my preferred riding season (in Florida) is October to May. No rain, dry air, no bugs etc. At any rate...hello all!
I recently purchased a 1984 R100RT. Considering it's age...it's in very nice condition. I bought it from the second owner who, himself, bought it in February of this year. He never titled it. He put 50 miles on it just riding around the block. 38,000 showing on the clock.
I'd say the bike was never abused, but rather, neglected. I've worked steadily for weeks to correct that. The maintenance is complete and she runs and looks pretty darned good! I was hoping to go for a toot today but that tropical storm out in the Gulf is still causing havoc. Maybe tomorrow.
This is my 4th Beemer. The first was a 1951 R50 that I bought while stationed in Germany. I wish that I still had it. The second was a 1965 R60 that I bought in... 1977? The third was a 2005 K1200LT. The most trouble prone motorcycle that I have ever owned. With that being said...it also had the best ride quality of anything I've ever owned. Number 4 is my "new to me" 84 RT. It will share the stable with a CTX1300 Honda and the wifes 1998 Honda Magna (I can't help it, I'm a big fan of Japanese engineering).
Lately, I've been sneaking a little further and further from home to build confidence in the RT's reliability. I'm hoping to take it on a two week trek from Florida through the Appalachians, around N.E. and back home this July. We'll see.
Anyhoo...It's a pleasure to read these forums and draw upon the knowledge of people who know the stuff that I need to learn. Keep it coming! Ride on Brothers!

FS

Well hello back! Sounds like you had a good find. Some corrected neglect can lead to a well running dependable machine. Hope you get to ride it a little without a wake before it gets put up for summer. Something you never hear associated with motorcycles in MI, it's the other way. Have fun!
Jerry

Welcome from the same part of the state. We had a nice 3 hour ride early Monday to Mt Dora and back without getting wet. This has been a most unusual May for sure. Looks like we will set a new record for the wettest May in history!

Welcome and hello. please consider joining Airheads. It's a great support group for those of us who prefer the low tech machinery. www.airheads.org The Florida Airmarshal, Kevin Riemer, is one of the sharpest mechanics I ever met.

Back