Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Left the Facebook page

It will be sad if Zuckerberg gets down to his last 100 million and all the billionaires mock and bully him.
    Kevin
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Team Pterodactyl
    2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    It will be sad if Zuckerberg gets down to his last 100 million and all the billionaires mock and bully him.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    somebody will start a "go fund me" page for him at that point.

friedle
    Ride fast safely

I left FB a few years ago, to much hate. If you voice your opinion , you will be attacked.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

From CNBC

Facebook security breach allowed hackers to control the accounts of up to 50 million users

"Facebook discovered a security issue that allowed hackers to access information that could have let them take over around 50 million accounts, the company announced on Friday.

"This is a very serious security issue, and we're taking it very seriously," said CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on a call with reporters".

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/face...ly-stages.html

"The company said in a blog post its engineering team found that attackers identified a weakness in Facebook's code regarding its "View As" feature on Tuesday. Facebook became aware of a potential attack after it noticed a spike in user activity on Sept. 16.

"View As" lets users see what their profile looks like to other users on the platform. This vulnerability, which consisted of three separate bugs, also allowed the hackers to get access tokens — digital keys which let people stay logged into the service without having to re-enter their password — which could be used to control other people's accounts".

If Facebook goes down, how will we know what people had for breakfast.....or lunch?
    om
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by jayskerdoo View Post
    I would assume most of you aren't a part of the MOA Facebook group anyways, but I was and I had to leave it.
    May I ask how old you are?

Have you given Delta Haus U-55 a try?

I would be interested to know your opinion, either here or via PM.

And unfortunately, our FB group is not well moderated, not because of any one person, but because we are doing it the wrong way.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by jayskerdoo View Post
    Yeah, I was able to see that. Still no sign of my welcome post. I guess it just disappeared or was never there in the first place..? I've tried using my name in the search function as well, and only see these 3 posts from my profile).
    I am pretty sure you are talking about our new Membership Management System (MMS) "community".... which is completely disconnected from this Forum.

You got this when you joined. You probably filled out your welcome message when you got the e-mail confo on your membership.

Here is my profile there... I doubt you'll be able to see it.

I searched for you under "jayskerdoo" and could not find anything. You are probably listed there under your real name, which is neither in your post or your profile here.

If you PM me your real name, or hell, just post it here, I will send you a connection request on that system. fwiw, I don't think you got many replies there.

Ian

ps => ok, just a side note.... it is truly disappointing (nice word) that we cannot seem to integrate the membership experience here after years of farting around with cheap software (vBulltetin) and really expensive software (YourMembership) and a staff of people. Really disappointing. There are a LOT of people in this club that know how to get this **** straight if they were only provided some leadership.
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

and....

... if you ride a GS, I invite you to join the GS Giants. It's free and there is a "search for members near you" function once you join up.

Searching on "Chicago" turned up 10 riders.

Ian

(hell, you don't even need to ride a GS, we love all types, brands and skill levels)

Yeh, Facebook......”that’s the ticket”.

Just in today’s news-

More than 540 million records about Facebook users were publicly exposed on Amazon's cloud computing service, according to a cybersecurity research firm. A report out Wednesday by UpGuard said two third-party Facebook app developers posted the records in plain sight, causing yet another major data breach for the world's biggest social network.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/million...-cloud-server/
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    ^So happy I ditched that cr^ptastic sh^tshow...
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

Glad I never drank the Kool-Aid to begin with.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    I only joined because I have family literally all over the world. We now communicate by different and far more private means...
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    Glad I never drank the Kool-Aid to begin with.
    But...it's FREE

Me neither, don't care how it can connect me to family...had that figured out a long time ago.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Seems like lately it would also connect you with 540 Million of your closest, dearest friends.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I am one of those types that doesn't warm up quickly to strangers, so I really don't want everybody & his brother knowing where, when & what I am doing....including what "family" I have left. Also, I don't give a rats a$$ about seeing what anyone else ate for dinner or where they ate it. Now I'm slithering back under my rock.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS