• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Left the Facebook page

I would assume most of you aren't a part of the MOA Facebook group anyways, but I was and I had to leave it.

May I ask how old you are?

Have you given Delta Haus U-55 a try?

I would be interested to know your opinion, either here or via PM.

And unfortunately, our FB group is not well moderated, not because of any one person, but because we are doing it the wrong way. :nono

Ian

Yeah, I was able to see that. Still no sign of my welcome post. I guess it just disappeared or was never there in the first place..? I've tried using my name in the search function as well, and only see these 3 posts from my profile).

I am pretty sure you are talking about our new Membership Management System (MMS) "community".... which is completely disconnected from this Forum. :rolleyes :mad

You got this when you joined. You probably filled out your welcome message when you got the e-mail confo on your membership.

Here is my profile there... I doubt you'll be able to see it.

I searched for you under "jayskerdoo" and could not find anything. You are probably listed there under your real name, which is neither in your post or your profile here.

If you PM me your real name, or hell, just post it here, I will send you a connection request on that system. fwiw, I don't think you got many replies there.

Ian

ps => ok, just a side note.... it is truly disappointing (nice word) that we cannot seem to integrate the membership experience here after years of farting around with cheap software (vBulltetin) and really expensive software (YourMembership) and a staff of people. Really disappointing. There are a LOT of people in this club that know how to get this **** straight if they were only provided some leadership. :mad

and....

... if you ride a GS, I invite you to join the GS Giants. It's free and there is a "search for members near you" function once you join up.

Searching on "Chicago" turned up 10 riders.

Ian

(hell, you don't even need to ride a GS, we love all types, brands and skill levels)

Yeh, Facebook......”that’s the ticket”.

Just in today’s news-

More than 540 million records about Facebook users were publicly exposed on Amazon's cloud computing service, according to a cybersecurity research firm. A report out Wednesday by UpGuard said two third-party Facebook app developers posted the records in plain sight, causing yet another major data breach for the world's biggest social network.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/millions-facebook-user-records-exposed-amazon-cloud-server/
OM

I only joined because I have family literally all over the world. We now communicate by different and far more private means...:)

Seems like lately it would also connect you with 540 Million of your closest, dearest friends. :eek
OM

I am one of those types that doesn't warm up quickly to strangers, so I really don't want everybody & his brother knowing where, when & what I am doing....including what "family" I have left. Also, I don't give a rats a$$ about seeing what anyone else ate for dinner or where they ate it. :banghead Now I'm slithering back under my rock.:)

Back