Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Rally Concerns.

I知 an MOA n00b too but I have been to one particular North East ADV rally a number of times and I致e hosted a smal social rally at my house for a few years. I知 interested to see the spectacle of a rally of this scale. Who wants to see an MOA Getaway in Newfoundland?
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Cainey View Post
    I remember the rally in Vermont you were not allowed entrance unless you were on the list of volunteers required for setup.
    We always seem to have early volunteers show up who have not informed us ahead of time. They provide valuable help with the various committees. I guess that I would rather have a few individuals who do not participate in order to have those unregistered early volunteers who do contribute to the setup.
    Last edited by Paul_F; 06-04-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typo
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders & Knights of the Roundel #333

A good start would be not to diss loyal members who have actively volunteered for years. Especially those who helped attract numerous other first-time volunteers.

Just sayin’

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Like the Newfoundland Getaway Idea

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    I知 an MOA n00b too but I have been to one particular North East ADV rally a number of times and I致e hosted a smal social rally at my house for a few years. I知 interested to see the spectacle of a rally of this scale. Who wants to see an MOA Getaway in Newfoundland?

The Newfoundland MOA Getaway sounds like a great idea for 2019. One of my bucket list items is to ride in this area. /Doing a Getaway event would provide direction & and a place to HQ during my ride.
    Joined MOA in 1987

Not to hijack this thread but I知 already started a couple of conversations on the topic and I will do a little research on the first main issue of accommodation. If I try to run with it you can be sure I値l put up a thread here.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    We always seem to have early volunteers show up who have not informed us ahead of time. They provide valuable help with the various committees. I guess that I would rather have a few individuals who do not participate in order to have those unregistered early volunteers who do contribute to the setup.
    Good point Paul! I arrived with in Salt Lake with one other member on Monday afternoon last year.
    Had been riding since JUNE 5th, about 37 days and just over 10,000 miles.
    I didn't know if I would be there Monday or even Friday, some three weeks before reaching the rally!
    A motorcycle journey inherently has a few unknown variables.
    I was happy to help out a few hours... for the piece of mind knowing I had a place to rest a few nites, and big chunk of our MOA Family joining us soon.

"travel'n" john

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    Host it and they will come............. Sounds like a bully idea to me.
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key