• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A2DP Bluetooth Connection - Terrible Audio Quality

DAVIDTN57

What has been your experience with the audio quality from your A2DP sat. radio pairing to your Sena? I've had various Androids paired with 3 different models of Senas over the years using the phone as my audio source (Pandora in this case), and each time the helmet speaker quality has been quite good. I recently paired my Sat. radio using A2DP (NAV V - 2015RT) and the audio quality is HORRIBLE. Any insights as to why and what can I do to improve it? I’d really rather not have to add more gadgets to the bike :(

Agree

On my 2012 RT it was terrible also, sounded like a 2 transistor portable radio on the AM band. I eventually went with a Sena SM10 transmitter and hardwired the bike outputs to this for bluetooth. MUCH better. I am using Sena 20S headsets and the SM10 pairs easily to both, works great.

In some cases, audio quality can be improved by reducing the Sena volume while listening to that particular source. My SMH10 stores separate volume levels for each source, and reducing the level of the GPS directions made them much more easily understood.
YRMV

Back