Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1996 K1100rs now comes time for starting !

Good idea. The local advance Auto had a kit. I just picked it up along with the necessary goodies to clean the injectors if need be.

3 Red Bricks
    It shouldn't matter which light you use, just find the one that has the pins most similar to what is on the injector.

I don't think you want to ever put a meter to any leads that go to the computer. I believe that I read that the incorrect load that a volt meter puts on the circuit could damage the computer.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Good idea. The local advance Auto had a kit. I just picked it up along with the necessary goodies to clean the injectors if need be.

Whoops, didn't mean to post that twice. I'm crossing my fingers they all work. I'm betting my money on the injectors being clogged. I'll post an update tonight.

Hooked up the light and all four plugs on the injectors work. I currently am cleaning out the injectors with laquer thinner and a syringe to provide pressure (also a 9v battery to actuate the electric valve). They seem pretty gunky.

3 Red Bricks
    You would be WAY better off sending them to Mr Injector. http://www.mrinjector.us/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgKuLvD_BwE

He will ultrasonically clean them, replace the filters and o-rings and flow test them for $17.50 ea. This will guarantee they are working as new. If not, he has refurbished injectors for around $100 a set.

Not worth cleaning them yourself if you know there is a problem, since you will never know if they are flowing properly once your done.

Since you are resurecting this bike, you need to KNOW that the injectors are RIGHT. It's easy to burn a valve if one injector is running too lean. Not the place to try to save money.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Why was the hall effect cover removed?

No reason to remove this unless he suspected something was wrong with the sensor before you got it.

Moondog speaking. Prior owner.
    No, I did not remove Hall Effect sensor. It was running well when I disassembled for rear main seal repair. Two rotor cuff operations (L & R) broke my will to get it back together

She lives!!! The fuel injectors needed cleaning. Thank you for your imput everyone !

Quote Originally Posted by bwoods1100 View Post
    She lives!!! The fuel injectors needed cleaning. Thank you for your imput everyone !

3 Red Bricks

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

98lee I did the scientific Georgia method of saying "yep.. that injector squirted as far as the other ones" haha. It idles wonderfully now. Per our verbal agreement moondog gets to ride it again after I get everything on the bike in working order. He of course would be a better judge of "how the bike is supposed to feel" than I. Even if everything "feels right", would you still recommend I get professional work done to the injectors ie a flow test?

3 Red Bricks
    It would be cheap insurance that they are right. Especially if you're planning on keeping the bike for awhile.

Once you have made sure everything is right, all you will have left to do is ride, ride, and ride with no worries. I don't like the idea of buying something, fixing what's broke, then ride until something else breaks, fix that, then ride till the next thing breaks.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare