• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1996 K1100rs now comes time for starting !

You would be WAY better off sending them to Mr Injector. http://www.mrinjector.us/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxq7ZyY6s2wIVheNkCh1fyAF6EAAYASAAEgKuLvD_BwE

He will ultrasonically clean them, replace the filters and o-rings and flow test them for $17.50 ea. This will guarantee they are working as new. If not, he has refurbished injectors for around $100 a set.

Not worth cleaning them yourself if you know there is a problem, since you will never know if they are flowing properly once your done.

Since you are resurecting this bike, you need to KNOW that the injectors are RIGHT. It's easy to burn a valve if one injector is running too lean. Not the place to try to save money.

:dance:dance:dance

Why was the hall effect cover removed?

No reason to remove this unless he suspected something was wrong with the sensor before you got it.

Moondog speaking. Prior owner.
No, I did not remove Hall Effect sensor. It was running well when I disassembled for rear main seal repair. Two rotor cuff operations (L & R) broke my will to get it back together :(

98lee I did the scientific Georgia method of saying "yep.. that injector squirted as far as the other ones" haha. It idles wonderfully now. Per our verbal agreement moondog gets to ride it again after I get everything on the bike in working order. He of course would be a better judge of "how the bike is supposed to feel" than I. Even if everything "feels right", would you still recommend I get professional work done to the injectors ie a flow test?

It would be cheap insurance that they are right. Especially if you're planning on keeping the bike for awhile.

Once you have made sure everything is right, all you will have left to do is ride, ride, and ride with no worries. I don't like the idea of buying something, fixing what's broke, then ride until something else breaks, fix that, then ride till the next thing breaks.

Back