• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Another K75 in the crowd

guaire

New to me, 1994. Did a short ride yesterday. It has BMW saddle cases, not pictured. I'm getting used to this new fangled machine. Wow. Low CG. Lots of differences. I believe I'm going to like this bike. YSS rear shock. Progressive springs in front. I understand this one has a higher output alternator. I'll be adding a Garmin mount. Anyone here ever add something like an Eastern Beaver fuse box?
Cheers,
Bill

Front 69.jpgGrip Right 72.jpgRear Right 74.jpg

Bill,

Welcome to the wonderful world of K75s! That's a great looking example. Nice find!

I haven't used the Eastern Beaver fuse box, but many people use their headlight relay system. Well made and reasonably priced. Gives more voltage to the headlight than the undersized stock wires and puts way less current through the expensive headlight switch that can fail from high current. Highly recommended.

:dance:dance:dance

welcome!

LOL!!! did you say LOW CG? first time i have ever heard anyone say that about a Brick....you must have been coming from a jacked up GS with a huge top case....:brad

New to me, 1994. Did a short ride yesterday. It has BMW saddle cases, not pictured. I'm getting used to this new fangled machine. Wow. Low CG. Lots of differences. I believe I'm going to like this bike. YSS rear shock. Progressive springs in front. I understand this one has a higher output alternator. I'll be adding a Garmin mount. Anyone here ever add something like an Eastern Beaver fuse box?
Cheers,
Bill

View attachment 68192View attachment 68193View attachment 68194

Guaire,

I have no advice and own two K75 C's. 1988 & 1987. That ride is freaking beautiful! Ride safe!
Pete

Welcome!
But having picked up my dropped K75s recently (or attempting to), I'm going to have to disagree on that low CG also. The CG should be low, with that engine mounted as it is, but there are just too much other pieces/parts up above to let it be the case.

Welcome!
But having picked up my dropped K75s recently (or attempting to), I'm going to have to disagree on that low CG also. The CG should be low, with that engine mounted as it is, but there are just too much other pieces/parts up above to let it be the case.

Yes, there is weight everywhere on this bike, top to bottom.
Having worked at a motorcycle shop, owned and ridden a bunch of my own I feel my sample size to compare by is decent. The KZ900/1000 were tall and wide. The COG feels like it's in the gas tank. To take a turn you have to persuade the bike to one side and get started leaning. It's like you have to force it past a notch. The old Honda CB450 was like that too, but not as bad. The KZ1300 was surprisingly good handling. By contrast a BSA Goldstar felt like the center of gravity was under the asphalt.
On the K75, my initial reaction was, there's plenty of weight to go around on this machine, but I knew where the engine was. Way down there.
I'm looking forward to getting conditioned to this 'new' machine and adapting to its ride.
Glad to be here!
Bill

K 75's really grow on you

Hi Bill, We've communicated before on another forum about K's -- I have been riding mine more and more recently and am well pleased. Nothing compares to that three cylinder. engine for linear power and shear rider comfort -- read, smooth - Mine is heavier than yours, having the RT fairing. Still having to adapt to parking lots with uneven surfaces and gravel can be unnerving. I took about a forty mile on a friends Boxer last week and still liked the feel but it can't match the K for riding pleasure. I had been considering trading mine for something lighter and lower, but in retrospect, the K bike us a keeper and with proper maintenance should give years of service. Best, Scotty Brown

Hi Bill, We've communicated before on another forum about K's -- I have been riding mine more and more recently and am well pleased. Nothing compares to that three cylinder. engine for linear power and shear rider comfort -- read, smooth - Mine is heavier than yours, having the RT fairing. Still having to adapt to parking lots with uneven surfaces and gravel can be unnerving. I took about a forty mile on a friends Boxer last week and still liked the feel but it can't match the K for riding pleasure. I had been considering trading mine for something lighter and lower, but in retrospect, the K bike us a keeper and with proper maintenance should give years of service. Best, Scotty Brown

I put 370,000 miles on my 1st K75 as my main bike for 19 years. I currently own two more - a '94 low seat standard and a '95 Police RT. I like them both and they remain among my favorite out of 17 BMWs I have owned.

Cheers,
Bill

K's are great bikes. I've got three K's and two old Airhead Boxers, and an Oil Head, each has a special place. K's, if maintained properly, will run forever.
I added a fuse box to my K75rt, I don't recall the brand name, but it allowed 4 unswitched circuits and 2 switched. Mounted it in the rear cowl. I run my GPS from it. Getting ready to mount a set of running lights as well.
Take care of your electrical system and you will never have an issue.
Bt the way, good looking bike.

I rode from Arlington to Warrenton, in VA, yesterday, about 85 miles. The temperature dropped a bit, not too hot.
Nice to hear from you again, Scotty. I'm still getting help from the links you sent me.

Soocom1 - When the garage gets below 90 degrees, I'll pop the tank, replace my clutch cable and check out that location for a fuse box.

I was getting my gear stowed in the cases and this man came and looked at the K. He's done a lot of riding on Triumphs. He was impressed by the K.

Bill

Attachments

• K Street FL 2.jpg
    K Street FL 2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 109
My newest to me bmw

I've never had a K bike before, but always wanted one, but I couldn't find a nice one, most were well used and high miles. This one was was just the opposite. Might be a keeper. K75_005.jpgK75_006.jpgK-75_003.jpgK-75_002.jpg

Back