• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A five-day weekend through Germany's Romantic Road and Black Forest...

Thank you for your excellent detailed post with great pictures! We just got back two weeks ago from a trip on the Deutschen Alpenstraße but we were in a car (Audi A4 Wagon). One morning after spending the night at the Seehotel in Kochler, a band of renegade BMW R1200GS's drove by. I told my wife I'd rather be with doing that. I have been getting pricing on a rental bike per week. I might stay longer, since there is so much to see in the region. What I do know is that it is the most beautiful place I've been in my 55 years. My son did a couple semesters in Salzburg Austria and tells me I must drive to Innsbruck and see the Alps from that vantage point. We also drove up the B500 through the Black Forest, but so many places, the road was completely closed so we missed a lot. We spent our final night in Frankfurt, Germany in a palace built by Queen Elizabeth's daughter called Schlosshotel Kronberg. It was the nicest hotel I have ever spent the night in, and the cost was a bit over euro 100! I highly recomend it to those of you who want to feel like royalty once in your life.

Last edited:
mustangguy,

Thank you for the comments and kind words on the ride report. I’m glad that you got to see some of the best of Germany - even if it was on 4 wheels. Technically, our trip was on four wheels as well! Your advice on the Schlosshotel Kronberg sounds like a place worth experiencing. Cheers!

RIDERR1150GSADV,

Thanks for the comment. So true about the food - I gained 15 lbs within a few months of living in Germany.

Back