• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NAV 5 -- Showing Map with no destination

dwilsonttc

Hi, Kinda old school but I still like using a map. I really like the GPS to show me the upcoming cross roads and the terrain. Very hesitant to put in a "destination" because I can never get rid of it. The GPS has to be off for quite a while (overnight) before I can get a fresh "view map" with no destination.

Anybody know how to clear the destination so it will just show me what's coming up (crossroad) and not keep telling me how to get to somewhere I've already been.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Navigation should stop once you arrive at the last waypoint. Otherwise, I think it goes on until you manually stop it.

Page 6 of the manual:

Capture.PNG

Welcome to the forum!

While viewing the map with a destination you will see a small stop sign with a red "X" in the center, in the lower right hand corner of the map. This will cancel the destination and will see just the map.

One other thing you could do is to use the POI feature (Point Of Interest) This will "alert" you when your are x feet from a POI. This takes a little setup, but it will do what you asked, but only for the POIs that you define. You can get rid of POIs pretty easy by deleting the file. There are instructions out on the web and there is a free POI loader from Garmin.

Back