Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: beat the dead horse - Blues with Blue tooth

Quote Originally Posted by picard View Post
    Reviving this thread - does anyone have a reference chart for the yellow wire numbers to the color coded wires on the stereo?
    Also, I read somewhere else that a ground loop isolator is needed to suppress engine noise introduction into the audio.
    Thanks much in advance!
    I think I saw the cheat sheet I used this weekend. I either saw it and pitched it because I concluded I was done with it or filed it away with the K1600 stuff. I'll take a peek at home and see if I can find it.
    2016 K1600GT

Reviving this thread - does anyone have a reference chart for the yellow wire numbers to the color coded wires on the stereo?
    Also, I read somewhere else that a ground loop isolator is needed to suppress engine noise introduction into the audio.
    Thanks much in advance!
    I did not keep the colors on the Alpine to yellow wires on BMW accessory plug as intended. However, take a peek at post 8 and 9 in this thread. Post 8 reminds us that you need to locate where these wires are oriented on the female plug going into the Alpine unit:

Across the top of the female plug:
    Yellow with Brown
    Yellow with Red
    Brown
    Red with Green

Across the bottom of the female plug:
    Blue
    Blue with Red
    White with Black
    White with Brown

Also take a peek at Motochello's instructions here: https://www.motochello.com/wp-conten...nstall-1cw.pdf.

Hopefully this gives you enough to install.
    2016 K1600GT

Im just trying to get this squared away in my head... What job is the Montecello bridge performing?

Quote Originally Posted by badge502 View Post
    Im just trying to get this squared away in my head... What job is the Montecello bridge performing?
    The Motochello Speaker Bridge will be a bridge between the speakers of the bike and speakers in your helmet. When it first came out a handful of years ago many folks were using earbuds and plugging them into the 3.5mm stereo output of the Motochello Speaker Bridge so they could send sound from the bike to their helmet without needing a Bluetooth communication system being added to your helmet. Many of us already had a lot invested in quality earbuds and did not want to add a Bluetooth system just to be able to hear audio from the bike.

With the Motochello Speaker Bridge you put the switch on the Motochello Speaker Bridge in the speaker position and when you want to send the audio to your headphones/earbuds just flip the switch. It lets you use the bike speakers when and if you want to use the bike speakers or send to a headset if you don't want to use the bike speakers.

As the years have passed by and folks have increasingly added Bluetooth headsets to their helmets many of us have taken the 3.5mm stereo headphone output from the Motochello to a Bluetooth hub such as the Sena SM10 and then transmit the sound from the bike to our Bluetooth headset via the Motochello Speaker bridge plus the Sena SM10 hub instead of connecting directly to the bike via Bluetooth. The advantage of this approach vs. the bike Bluetooth directly to a Bluetooth headset on your helmet is you can still control the audio volume via the wonder wheel and the volume control on your headset.

If you do not have the BMW headsets which many feel are expensive and inferior and worked with only one helmet you cannot control the volume of the bike audio at the bike as intended, it can only be controlled at your Bluetooth headset.

Many have gone to bypassing the BMW/Alpine units entirely and simply have their music loaded on their phones or streamed by their phones and their phones connected directly to the Bluetooth headset of their choice which takes the BMW system out of the equation.

I prefer to go this route because I do like ability to use the bike's audio system and am using a Sena SM10 to not only send the bike audio from my bike to my helmet but also radar detector alerts.
    2016 K1600GT

Thanks much in advance!
    I did end up finding that chart and here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 K1600GT

Quote Originally Posted by robsryder View Post
    If the K1600 is similar to the R1200RT, then this video may be useful -

The video mentions BT works "very well". Not true, audio quality from BMW's BT module (which is probably the first version of BT ever invented) is really bad.