• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Custom Ballistic Nylon chaps question

Can you let us know how well it works for you?

Update:

I got back from the 19 day 8786 mile trip from Az. to Ak. last Thursday night. I wore the chaps from the time I left the house till I returned while riding. Caught 7 days of rain in the 19 gone, 3 of those heavy all day while we covered about 400 miles a day.

The chaps never let me down and kept me dry, kept the road grime off my pants. I did don the lower rain pants on several occasions to keep my butt from getting wet. What I discovered was that in continuous light rain, my butt didn't need the lower rain pants. When it was heavy all day I did need them. They slipped on and off over the zippered chaps without too much effort, sometimes I'd just remove the boots to get them off but they'd slide right on over the boots easily enough.

So, the Colorado Chaps worked as expected. Kept the road grime and mud off my pants, kept me dry and on the colder mornings kept my legs pretty warm and comfortable as well. The seam seal worked on the stitching and I thank those who recommended that procedure previously.

For some reason I've never been able to upload pics here, it says the uploads failed. Plenty of pics of the trip though.

We have had some reports of upload failure lately. Kurt and I have been checking and it seems, at this point, a sizing issue. 155KB seems to be the magic size number.
Thanks.
OM

We have had some reports of upload failure lately. Kurt and I have been checking and it seems, at this point, a sizing issue. 155KB seems to be the magic size number.
Thanks.
OM

Test, this picture is 550KB

KHCR 2018 (3).jpg

This picture is 1.96MB
20180807_140845.jpg

I use the the Insert Image icon that looks like a tree in a square border.

I usually need to reduce the file size of cell phone pictures to get them to load.
Large files tend to flip like my bottom picture.

Thanks.
OM

Raise the size limit like all the other forums would be the solution IMO. I've never had issues with posting pics on any of a dozen other forums in over a decade but here.

I just checked and the pics I've tried to put up are in the 44-56kb area. Still wouldn't take them. I don't think it's the sizing issue I'm having.

Pictures

I have been having trouble loading pictures also, I have iPhone 7 go to settings ,camera and change format to most compatible, turn off the live button when you take picture and sometimes go to square photo setting, than remember iPhones seem to revert back to the settings they want a lot.
Other possible reason for problems not caused by apple, the forum, my stupidity.
1: sunspots and or solar flares
2: government conspiracy, I have reposted some unflattering pictures of fearless leader.
3: the higher deity is female and I have somehow annoyed her.
4: some low budget remake of Groundhog Day and we are just stuck until some unreachable star falls in love with us.
6: they are sabotaging us to force us to use the other social media stuff!

Reply to original post I have two pairs of aerostich darian pants one black one pair yellow. Pants waterproof, and in Goldilocks speak not too hot in summer and not too cool in winter, they be just right.

Last edited:
I have been having trouble loading pictures also, I have iPhone 7 go to settings ,camera and change format to most compatible, turn off the live button when you take picture and sometimes go to square photo setting, than remember iPhones seem to revert back to the settings they want a lot.
Other possible reason for problems not caused by apple, the forum, my stupidity.
1: sunspots and or solar flares
2: government conspiracy, I have reposted some unflattering pictures of fearless leader.
3: the higher deity is female and I have somehow annoyed her.
4: some low budget remake of Groundhog Day and we are just stuck until some unreachable star falls in love with us.
6: they are sabotaging us to force us to use the other social media stuff!

Reply to original post I have two pairs of aerostich darian pants one black one pair yellow. Pants waterproof, and in Goldilocks speak not to hot in summer and not to cool in winter, they be just right.

LMAO, :thumb

I've got a K bike in the marketplace and it wouldn't take the pictures there either.

I load all of my pics from my SmugMug account across multiple forums etc. On this site I can only use the “small” size links.

Back