• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Does my 73 75/5 share forks with any of these...

travgusmc

Trying to find a match for diameter and distance apart to potentially add a fork brace from fastfromthepast. I buy all my tarozzi low-rise clip ons and fork braces from Lee but he doesn't list one for the 75/5. Didn't know if anyone knew off hand if any of the following used the same forks. Thanks for your help...

78 r65 r65ls
78 r45
78 r100rs
78 r90 r90s
78 r100rs

???

I know it's a long shot but who knows.
Oh and I'm keeping the original fork brace/fender mount, just looking for additional stability.

Also, is there anyone who sells steering damper knobs, as in aluminum or in some way different as in not an eye sore? haha

I learn something new every time I'm on here haha! What cool site that realoem is, can't believe I've never heard of it, pretty handy tool when part hunting. Thanks Kurt!
Potentially if I find one that uses the same forks and trip tree top, I've got a match.

Last edited:
I'd assume that a fork brace is going to connect to the sliders, which are not common between the /5-series and the later /6 and /7 bikes that are listed. Also, there was no R90 or R90S in '78; the last of the 900cc bikes was in '76.

Telefix or the San Jose BMW shop may have a brace for you.
Not long ago, somebody said they got a replacement knob from McMaster-Carr.

I'd assume that a fork brace is going to connect to the sliders, which are not common between the /5-series and the later /6 and /7 bikes that are listed. Also, there was no R90 or R90S in '78; the last of the 900cc bikes was in '76.

Dang OK thx for the info. I'll explore other vendors then.

If you are keeping the front drum brake, the /5 OEM fork brace is as good as it gets. I have an extra if you...

Rather than looking for a /5 brace, which I have never seen other than stock ones. Stiffening could be done with a machined upper top clamp from Toaster Tan.

Back