• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2012 r1200gs esa question/s

brownie0486

On my 2012, I understand and can move between comfort, normal and sport with one up, two up, luggage etc. BUT-------

I've read articles that state there's small mountain and large mountain settings and I can't find it in the manual nor figure out if those are just on the GSA or the standard GS like mine.

Anyone want to weigh in on if I have those mountain settings, how to access them on the button? I've mucked with it long enough and believe I don't have those settings on my GS.

Is this accurate or am I being a dip stick and just not hitting the button in some sequence to access those? The manual isn't really all that clear in explaining a lot of this, IMO.

Thanks

Brownie,

I have a '12 GS (not GSA) and I have the mountains, etc.

You can only access these settings when not moving. You have to hold the ESA button down for the count of 2 or 3 and they will
show up. I'm sitting at my desk, so this is from memory, don't hold me to it if it's something else.

I'll try it again, I did hold the button from some time and they didn't call up, it must just be me being a dumb butt. I'll go try it again and report back.

ETA, just went out and with key on, pressed the esa button. It's set for normal with luggage and shows up. Holding the button down for 2, then 3 then 4 seconds nothing comes up. Let it go out, press the esa again, normal with luggage come up. Same sequence, no options appear.

Then I let it reset and press the button and let go, no waiting. Normal/luggage comes up again.

Now I can't seem to even get luggage settings to call up.

There's got to be a sequence I'm not following correctly to call up luggage/no luggage in normal or the mountain setting. Sorry for being a dumb butt about this, I'm trying to learn this for the trip to Ak in a few months so I'm not trying to do this blind up there.

Yup, I was being a dumb butt. I wasn't starting the bike. With the bike running, all the call up settings were accessed.

Sorry to ask such dumb questions here, I dislike being an idiot about this stuff. The manual says nothing about the bike having to be running for this. :scratch

Back