• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking to rent a bike in Bend, OR or Spokane WA in June

RedAero

Red Aero
Hi - long time member/rider. My wife and I travel quite a bit, mainly for outdoor adventures. Often I can find a bike in the nearest city to rent but I'm having trouble this time finding a place in Bend and Spokane. Anyone interested in renting out a bike for the day. Brand and size doesn't matter as there is no better way to enjoy the scenery than behind handle bars. I'm greyed haired and currently ride an R1200RT with 83K. Any advice is appreciated. BTW it would only be me -- my wife is scared to ride.

Last edited:
Rental in Portland

I think you might have to rent in Portland or Seattle. Portland is 3 hours from Bend, 6 hours from Spokane.

Here are two Portland rental places:

1. I haven't rented from these guys, but I did stop by their shop once and looked around, so I know they have (or used to have) a physical presence in Portland, renting several brands of bikes: ovi@motoquest.com, 802-730-4093, 10401 NE Marx St
Portland, OR 97220

2. Then there are the Harleys: https://www.eaglerider.com/portland

Spokane possible info

There had been a third party rental agency loosely affiliated with Westside Motorsports in Spokane. I'm not sure whether or not they are still there but you could probably inquire through Westside at (800) 233-7834. Hope that helps!

Marty

Thanks !!

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it! Portland is a little far, I did rent a Triumph Bonneville from Eagle Riders a couple years back. What a difference between it and my RT, as expected. The guys there were great but the traffic was really thick getting to the rental office. The countryside was beautiful. I'm going to give Westside a call and see how it goes - you never know. Thanks again for the advice!!

Back