• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Garmin 665 in BMW cradle

gator

SO I just bought a 2017 R1200RS, I have a Garmin 665 which is the same mount as a nav V. except firmware. Can I mount my 665 in the BMW cradle and have it function? I understand it may not do all the wheel stuff just don't want to break anything.
Thanks Gator in Dallas

I ran a 665 in the stock cradle before I sold it and got a Nav V. Worked fine except for not being functional with the " Wonder Wheel".

You’re good to go. I used my Zumo 660 in the OEM GPS mount on my 2016 GSA for about 9 months before springing for a Nav VI. No wonder wheel functions and no integration with all the bike data, but it worked just like it did on my previous bike (K1300S).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Like Jiggin, I ran my existing 665 in my new R1200GS until I could find a reasonably priced Nav V. I did it for the wonder wheel integration which I find to be very useful. The Nav V also has better screen contrast than the Garmin 6xx series and a few additional features, like the "My Ride" screen.

Depending on what you use, a benefit of the 665 is audible book support and ability to add satellite radio if you add the antenna. Neither of those supported on BMW version unless you get Nav 6 and stream media from your phone.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Back