Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Protect those dear to us....

belquar

Protect those dear to us....

Check out this link...

Pretty scary when you think about it, but it is good to stay aware. Keep your family safe.

Just enter your address in the appropriate fields and it will give you a map of your area and all the offenders nearby and what their crimes were.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Take care,
    Brian

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    While this a good concept, just remember a few things....

1) Bad Data In, Bad Data Out
    2) People still have to teach their kids to be the people you want them to be, this information just points out the KNOWN danger, there is still the unknown.

Just as a statement of how the data can be flawed, for one person it showed up four times at the same address and the same name......

I am not trying to make light of this issue, I think the key is teaching kids to be safe and aware.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

belquar
    I think the site's server is really really slow. It was doing that when I looked and then I checked the progress bar and saw that it was going slow. I have a really fast computer so I am sure it wasn't my computer. Given time each dot is a different person.

It messed my running up so bad I had to reboot.

Besides, I'd like to know where a bunch of other types of crooks live too.
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Veg
    It messed my running up so bad I had to reboot.

Besides, I'd like to know where a bunch of other types of crooks live too.

Check your constitution, before it erodes away....
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

belquar
    I agree also. We must be vigilant in teaching our kids to be safe. So much has changed since we were kids. I remember living in Japan as a kid and being able to safely wander around Yokota AFB and go off base without adults. I was only 7-10 yrs old at the time. Wouldn't dare do that today.

Thumbs up Los Angeles

Los Angeles in the forties. 9-12 years old, get on the streetcar and go downtown, the beach, Lincoln Park motorcycle races, baseball games, Elysian(sp?) park swimming, Bimini Plunge swimming, Venice Pier amusement park, and Santa Monica beach. All without adults!! We rode our bicycles down the Los Angeles River (dry). We didn't know that when it rains up in the mountains the river can fill up suddenly!! I probably should be dead instead of where I am.

Stuff2c
    Growing up in central fl, the only rules were be home when the street lights came on (70's). Y2k my kids NO WAY! To many out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff2C
    Growing up in central fl, the only rules were be home when the street lights came on (70's). Y2k my kids NO WAY! To many out there.

It was all that new math, and flouride in the water.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Stuff2c
    New math...we can't even count votes.

This is actually the safest time, in every way, to be alive. The difference is that fear and paranoia are much more rampant.
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

This is actually the safest time, in every way, to be alive. The difference is that fear and paranoia are much more rampant.
    I agree. Believe me, I dont want to get lost in Detroit, but I also wouldnt want to wander in on a gold mine in the 1850's.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

RandallIsland

Garbage in ...

I totally agree.
    There is way to much sway that people buy into, both conciously and conversely, with popular media fueling the flames of paranoia, hatred, fear and just plain stupidity.
    Burn your TV.
    Really.
    To hell with TIVO!
    Just ride, live and smile.

USERNAME
    thanks veg, i totally agree. people shelter their kids and i think it's all fear based, not data based.

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by username
    thanks veg, i totally agree. people shelter their kids and i think it's all fear based, not data based.

yeah, its ridiculous the way kids are raised today, i remember way back in the 80s, when i was a wee lad, i used to spend all day in the countryside. now its all video games and "stay inside". poo poo to that, and another thing, ever notice how parents are the BIGGEST germ-a-phobes lately??? i eat off the floor regularly to keep myself resistant, and any kids i might one day have will be doing the same thing!