• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride to Mount Lemmon, Tucson AZ

onlyrt4me

Just a Preview Trailer for a video I'm currently working on about our most recent trip to Mount Lemmon, Tucson AZ this last weekend. Just thought I'd share with all of my Beemer friends. Full video should be done by end of month, just a little taste for now. Anyone else been here yet? Beautiful Mountain with well engineered roads. Definitely must check it out if your in southern Az. Cheers All! :beer

2018 R1200Rt vs. 2015 Indian Scout (Mt. Lemmon Trip) (Trailer)

https://youtu.be/kc51N10FMjY

-Justin

After I get back Ak. on the GS, maybe we can hook up, I'll bring the K1200GT down for a ride and you can show me the area some weekend day on the bikes. Be a pleasure to meet and ride with a fellow BMWMOA member. I'm from AJ/Mesa, about 90 minutes from Tuscon on the back roads.

I would definitely like a meet up with you all sometime soon. I'm in San Tan Valley, riding back and forth to Tempe every day, mostly on the 60. I really enjoy the long day/ 2 day trips so just say when. :thumb

Full Version has almost arrived!

Update: Full Version of the Mount Lemmon Tucson, Az trip is finished and uploading tomorrow. Sorry for the wait but hope you all will like it. Cheers!

My parents live in northeast Tucson, Mount Lemmon in their backyard.

I've ridden it more times than I can count. It's a fun ride.

Many years ago on a rented Buell...

DCP_0635.jpg

It's up:
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ji0jsVLg02I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you brownie, and thanks for watching!

Am I to assume you're from around Florence where you guys started out? I'm just up the road a piece from that area, when I get back we'll certainly have to get some seat time in. I'm sure you know more areas of interest in the state that I do, so I'm willing to tag along on rides and explore areas anywhere you'd like to head out to.

I can bring the GS or the KGT, likely the GT where you have the RT.

Am I to assume you're from around Florence where you guys started out? I'm just up the road a piece from that area, when I get back we'll certainly have to get some seat time in. I'm sure you know more areas of interest in the state that I do, so I'm willing to tag along on rides and explore areas anywhere you'd like to head out to.

I can bring the GS or the KGT, likely the GT where you have the RT.

I'm very close to Florence, San Tan Valley area to be exact. That would be really fun. Have some other dudes that enjoy a good ride as well that can tag along. Know plenty of areas around Az, just let me know when your back. Both bikes would be great! 🏍💨
-Justin

Last time I was up was about 2 yrs. ago . Think it was x-mas week. Started at bottom about 55-60
when we got to Summer Haven it was in 40's .
Some corners in shade had ice across rd. in 2 ft. wide strips. It will wake you up!
At top people were skiing & kids were sliding at ski area. I love the road , hope I can get back soon.:)
Gus

Back