Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Well, that was interesting: seat height adj. 2016 RT

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    I saw the two steps but I can't seem to see how it drops onto the lower step on the low seat setting..To do this the rubber bushings on the front adjustment would have to let the seat move foreward a bit to drop to the low step in the back- I can't make it do this. Have you accomplished this or just seen the "step"?

Sorry to beat a dead (dying?) horse but the difference is SO dramatic it's worth seeing if I can get a flat low setting.
    Because I'm quite new to the bike, I've been trying the two different heights to find the best setting for me, so I've used the seat both on the Low and High positions, with each properly engaging the Low or High "step" at the rear. If you flip the adjuster from High to Low you will see that the rubber bushings are actually moved about 12mm (1/2") forward when on "Low" in relation to some fixed point on the bike. This lets the rear of the seat engage the lower step when the adjuster is set on "Low". On the "High" setting of the adjuster, the bushings move back 12mm and the rear of the seat engages with the higher step. Check to ensure that there is no damage to the engagements on the seat pan that interface both with the rubber bushings at the front, and the steps at the rear. Other than that, I'm out of ideas, so good luck with solving your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
    Because I'm quite new to the bike, I've been trying the two different heights to find the best setting for me, so I've used the seat both on the Low and High positions, with each properly engaging the Low or High "step" at the rear. If you flip the adjuster from High to Low you will see that the rubber bushings are actually moved about 12mm (1/2") forward when on "Low" in relation to some fixed point on the bike. This lets the rear of the seat engage the lower step when the adjuster is set on "Low". On the "High" setting of the adjuster, the bushings move back 12mm and the rear of the seat engages with the higher step. Check to ensure that there is no damage to the engagements on the seat pan that interface both with the rubber bushings at the front, and the steps at the rear. Other than that, I'm out of ideas, so good luck with solving your issue.
    Thanks. I think I see the issue. The anchor for the tank bag (dealer installed, BMW bag!) prevents the seat from going forward enough to drop into the lower step. A little miscling might have done the trick. Itís tight!