• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

HEXHEAD Tech forum photos

Thanks for the heads up...and the offer! Let the moderators contact the owner and see what can be done. I've seen other situations on other forum regarding photobucket accounts. We'll see if there's some fixes. On another forum I belong to, the strongly request that pictures be uploaded to the forum servers for precisely this reason.

Off to see the wizard!!

photos

Getting my 06 R1200RT ready for a big trip. Doing the engine & tranny oil change, air filter, & rear drive fluid change & spline lube. One of the reasons I keep my membership going to BMW MOA is access to Semper Fi's write-ups! Of course, I printed them all out, but ain't nobody got time to go looking for those.

The Chrome and Firefox browsers have extensions available that allow PhotoBucket images to be seen. It may not be a permanent fix, but for now, I see the original images instead of notices about third party hosting.

The Chrome and Firefox browsers have extensions available that allow PhotoBucket images to be seen. It may not be a permanent fix, but for now, I see the original images instead of notices about third party hosting.
Thanks Larry :thumb
We were working on some ideas on how to repopulate the images.
Gary

A lot of pictures on forums that were hosted by Photo Bucket are not showing anymore because Photo Bucket now charges a fee if you want to post pictures on forums.

That's why I dumped them and use Postimage now.

Larry -

What are these extensions you mention? I have a version of Chrome installed but still don't see the pictures in the one particular thread. What is it that needs to be added?

Update...I found it! :thumb

The affected thread has been fixed...the images from evil Photobucket have been recovered!! :wave

The affected thread has been fixed...the images from evil Photobucket have been recovered!! :wave

Kurt - AFAIK - all the DIY here that Semper-Fi and I put together used images hosted right here on the MOA forum. I seem to recall back when one of the system updates was being done that many of them were "lost" somehow. We very purposely put the images here so that if a photo hosting service went away (or did a Photobucket rip) - the DIY wouldn't lose it's photos.

Glad to hear the images are back. Perhaps someone on the admin of the MOA forum could make an effort to archive these somewhere safe - like on a cloud backup server. Then if they get lost again it's not difficult to bring them back.

Looks like I found at least one more thread in the Wedge K DIY by Luis that has PB links.

Don -

He last visited in Jan 2018...last post over two years ago. Username is ka5ysy.

As you've seen, I've come up with a way to get copies of the posted images using Chrome....don't need the original pictures Once I've captured the images, I then went back to Luis' post and uploaded the captured images to the MOA server. Luis gave me permission to do that. Easy enough to do that again. In your estimation, should someone contact Doug (hint, you!!!) and ask what he wants to do or should I just go ahead and do my "thang" and upload new images?

It's called life. He just had to step away to take of things that needed attention.

Back