Thread: How does one adjust timing on an 83 R100RT?

How does one adjust timing on an 83 R100RT?

Again....searched quite a bit. The good news is I have learned a lot about adjusting the timing on my 71. I also learned how to read the timing using the strobe. But I just can't seem to find information as to how to adjust the timing on the bean can with Hall sensor. I did see some reference to automatic timing adjustment, so does that mean what it implies - it doesn't need adjustment? If not, how does one adjust the timing?

Thanks again for all the help. I anticipate that she'll be road worthy in about a week. I'm looking forward to getting some miles on her.
    1971 R75/5 - 1983 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by nevada72 View Post
    Again....searched quite a bit. The good news is I have learned a lot about adjusting the timing on my 71. I also learned how to read the timing using the strobe. But I just can't seem to find information as to how to adjust the timing on the bean can with Hall sensor. I did see some reference to automatic timing adjustment, so does that mean what it implies - it doesn't need adjustment? If not, how does one adjust the timing?

Thanks again for all the help. I anticipate that she'll be road worthy in about a week. I'm looking forward to getting some miles on her.
    You rotate the whole bean can, as you would rotate the points plate on earlier models.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    You rotate the whole bean can, as you would rotate the points plate on earlier models.
    Excellent. And simple. Thanks!
    1971 R75/5 - 1983 R100RT