Thread: Planning ahead to 2020

Planning ahead to 2020

For years now, my wife and I have had the policy of rolling over our vehicle payment to a new vehicle when the current one is paid off. Not too long ago we mutually agreed when the current vehicle payment is completed we would roll it over into a new motorcycle. That means in the spring/summer of 2020 (if all things stay the same until then) I will be buying a new R1200RT. Looking ahead, I've started planning out what I would like to get to accessorize the new motorcycle. I was sad to see that Cee Baily no longer makes motorcycle windshields but there are other options for solving that problem. The one problem I've not yet been able to find a solution for is auxiliary rear-view mirrors which I can mount to the handlebars.

Anyone with an RT probably knows if you strap a pack across the rear seat of the RT, you block your view to the rear when looking into the mirrors. For my 05 RT, the solution was simple - mounting K1200R/S mirrors in the mounting holes on the handle bars. Looking at the current model of RTs, there is no such mounting hole. So my question here is what might be available to allow mounting mirrors on the handle bars of the current (and possibly future) models of the RT? I would prefer something simple where I can easily add or remove the extra mirrors as needed.
    Last edited by Artiee; 05-09-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Experience IS NOT the best teacher! Someone else's experience is the best teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Artiee View Post
    For years now, my wife and I have had the policy of rolling over our vehicle payment to a new vehicle when the current one is paid off. Not too long ago we mutually agreed when the current vehicle payment is completed we would roll it over into a new motorcycle. That means in the spring/summer of 2020 (if all things stay the same until then) I will be buying a new R1200RT. Looking ahead, I've started planning out what I would like to get to accessorize the new motorcycle. I was sad to see that Cee Baily no longer makes motorcycle windshields but there are other options for solving that problem. The one problem I've not yet been able to find a solution for it auxiliary rear-view mirrors which I can mount to the handlebars.

Anyone with an RT probably knows if you strap a pack across the rear seat of the RT, you block your view to the rear when looking into the mirrors. For my 05 RT, the solution was simple - mounting K1200R/S mirrors in the mounting holes on the handle bars. Looking at the current model of RTs, there is no such mounting hole. So my question here is what might be available to allow mounting mirrors on the handle bars of the current (and possibly future) models of the RT? i would prefer something simple where I can easily add or remove the extra mirrors as needed.
    There is a cool mirror that Wunderlich sells exactly for that purpose. Wunderlich.com, search by bike. Great option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The back half of the clamp for the R1200R LC brake and clutch lever assembly has a threaded hole made to accept mirrors.
    Part number 32 72 8 532 971 PIPE CLAMP 0.09 1 $45.04ADD TO CART

Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT