• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Planning ahead to 2020

Artiee

R1200RT
For years now, my wife and I have had the policy of rolling over our vehicle payment to a new vehicle when the current one is paid off. Not too long ago we mutually agreed when the current vehicle payment is completed we would roll it over into a new motorcycle. That means in the spring/summer of 2020 (if all things stay the same until then) I will be buying a new R1200RT. Looking ahead, I've started planning out what I would like to get to accessorize the new motorcycle. I was sad to see that Cee Baily no longer makes motorcycle windshields but there are other options for solving that problem. The one problem I've not yet been able to find a solution for is auxiliary rear-view mirrors which I can mount to the handlebars.

Anyone with an RT probably knows if you strap a pack across the rear seat of the RT, you block your view to the rear when looking into the mirrors. For my 05 RT, the solution was simple - mounting K1200R/S mirrors in the mounting holes on the handle bars. Looking at the current model of RTs, there is no such mounting hole. So my question here is what might be available to allow mounting mirrors on the handle bars of the current (and possibly future) models of the RT? I would prefer something simple where I can easily add or remove the extra mirrors as needed.

Last edited:
For years now, my wife and I have had the policy of rolling over our vehicle payment to a new vehicle when the current one is paid off. Not too long ago we mutually agreed when the current vehicle payment is completed we would roll it over into a new motorcycle. That means in the spring/summer of 2020 (if all things stay the same until then) I will be buying a new R1200RT. Looking ahead, I've started planning out what I would like to get to accessorize the new motorcycle. I was sad to see that Cee Baily no longer makes motorcycle windshields but there are other options for solving that problem. The one problem I've not yet been able to find a solution for it auxiliary rear-view mirrors which I can mount to the handlebars.

Anyone with an RT probably knows if you strap a pack across the rear seat of the RT, you block your view to the rear when looking into the mirrors. For my 05 RT, the solution was simple - mounting K1200R/S mirrors in the mounting holes on the handle bars. Looking at the current model of RTs, there is no such mounting hole. So my question here is what might be available to allow mounting mirrors on the handle bars of the current (and possibly future) models of the RT? i would prefer something simple where I can easily add or remove the extra mirrors as needed.

There is a cool mirror that Wunderlich sells exactly for that purpose. Wunderlich.com, search by bike. Great option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The back half of the clamp for the R1200R LC brake and clutch lever assembly has a threaded hole made to accept mirrors.
Part number 32 72 8 532 971 PIPE CLAMP 0.09 1 $45.04ADD TO CART

32728532971_2_B.jpg

32728532971_1_B.jpg

32728532971_3_B.jpg

Back