• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Pub Crawl 2018

t2moyer

MOA Life Member
Staff member
The ever popular Rally Pub Crawl is back! Des Moines has some awesome local breweries and we're organizing a bus tour to take in some of the local flavor. Space is limited. If you are interested in a taste of Des Moines. Register early!

Four coach bus tours are available Thursday and Friday at 1pm and 2pm both days. Each coach holds 56 passengers and will stop at four Des Moines breweries - Confluence Brewing Company, Exile Brewing Company, Court Avenue Brewing Company and The Iowa Taproom. We'll spend approximately 30 minutes at each location to give you an opportunity to sample some of their best concoctions and share a moment with friends.

TICKETS for the Rally Pub Crawl are only $20, which includes a seat on an air-conditioned coach, a cool commemorative t-shirt, can koozie and one token for a beverage at any one of the four breweries you visit. Additional purchases are up to you, but since we're doing the driving, buy as many as you like.

REGISTER you and your friends online. It's a great way to spend a casual afternoon at the National and take in the best of Des Moines.

Registered. Now I have to find a bus to train Glenlivet to bus rides. Sometimes living in a very rural area has disadvantages...

Ok, I registered two of us for this and got a confirmation, but there was no 'payment' page. How does one go about paying?

:dunno

Cheryl

Oh yes...

Remember St. Paul :):drink:drink

Now if I could just get yourself and that "Moose-a-Pillion" party bunch to join me for the Thursday 2pm gig... I vaguely recall ya'll owe me a brew.

Gooood Times ahead!

"travel'n" john

Designated driver! Sweeeet,,,

Count me in,,, Yes, the sign up/registration was ez, got the Mrs and I signed up ( best part , she's not a beer drinker) so sad,,,,

Got the confirmation , then shortly after rec a link to submit payment. All good
Thanks MOA for putting this together. Shot a text to some of our local club riders, to join in. As I said these seats will go fast. 2 others sent payment also and hopefully more will get the heat to sign up quick as once gone , " No Beer for you" !

As of 6 this morn , Fri,s rides are almost sold out . Pass the pretzels!
Skol!

You'll receive an invoice in your email from Ted @ BMWMOA.

Have fun,
Jer

Thanks! I was confused. Got the invoice and paid.

Now, about that 'Moose-a-Pillion' thing. If you mean the Half Moose Whiskapalians, we're on for Friday at 2. We owe you a beer? Hmmm.. :scratch

Thanks MOA for this! Life goes sooo much better with beer...and a licence I can use a couple hrs later.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

The beer team

Open letter to my co-chairs.

Morning beer team. As there are four of you helping me this year, avail yourselves to the PUB CRAWL if you wish, and take some time off just as you would for any other activity at the rally. So sign up, and enjoy.

MAD DOG
2018 DES MOINES :BG Chair :drink

When I grow up...

And become a rally volunteer...
I want to work for a guy who runs a beer team and then tells me to take some time off... and go drink some beer!

“Travel’n” John

Last edited:
Confluence

20180526_121410.jpg

Downtown Des Moines has a big Farmers Market each Saturday morning 7-12.
They were tearing down as I rode through to Court Avenue Brewing Company.

20180526_123003.jpg

20180526_123445.jpg

A garage door opens to a small inside bar.

20180526_135224.jpg

20180526_135135.jpg

Past that area is a large dinning area.

I'm going to see if Debbie wants to bicycle ride tomorrow and check out the food at Exile.
Maybe if I don't tell her it's going to be mid 90s again.

Last edited:
Back