Thread: Battery question

Battery question

Group: As part of regular maintenance, I decided to replace my 7 year old battery with a BMW gel. I plugged in the battery tender to the power port or whatever that thing is called, as I always have. It's a battery tender jr. which is supposed to be safe for gel cell batteries. It's been charging for about 5 hours now which is very unusual. The battery showed about 12.3 on the meter when I installed it, but I may have used a bit when I installed some driving lights trying to get them adjusted correctly. How long should I keep charging?
    It's a 02 r1150rs.
    TIA
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mastan View Post
    Group: As part of regular maintenance, I decided to replace my 7 year old battery with a BMW gel. I plugged in the battery tender to the power port or whatever that thing is called, as I always have. It's a battery tender jr. which is supposed to be safe for gel cell batteries. It's been charging for about 5 hours now which is very unusual. The battery showed about 12.3 on the meter when I installed it, but I may have used a bit when I installed some driving lights trying to get them adjusted correctly. How long should I keep charging?
    It's a 02 r1150rs.
    TIA
    Mark
    Leave it till morning and see what you have.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Woke up to a beautiful green light this morning so I guess all is good!