• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Transferring data (daily rides) from NAV V to PC?

IBA# 5819
Went for a nice long ride today and wanted to transfer the route I took to my PC so I could tweak it on BaseCamp. For some reason my NAV V did not save (or record) the route (or tracks) I took.
Am I missing something like a setting?
I thought in the past, I could connect to the PC, open BaseCamp and transfer via "receive from device" and the data for the day would transfer. But when I did that it only transferred routes I had previously uploaded.
Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

On my zümo, the setting to record my path is at Settings>Device>Travel History. Basecamp sees the stored tracks on the zümo's internal memory as "Active Log: YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm".

What about looking in your "Tracks" section.

From the Main Screen go to "Apps" then "Tracks". You should have "Saved" and "Active" (tabs on the right side). Your trip from yesterday should be under the "Active" as one segment or many segments (they are all identified Date/Time/Distance).

Says "no tracks found and no segments found".
That seems to be the problem....tracks are not being recorded and if they are, they are not being saved.
I may do a hard reset and see what happens.

Thanks

Joe

First, check under - Settings/Device/Travel History. Is "Travel History" checked? I'm not positive, but, I think this needs to be checked for the Garmin to record your "Trip Log".

First, check under - Settings/Device/Travel History. Is "Travel History" checked? I'm not positive, but, I think this needs to be checked for the Garmin to record your "Trip Log".

I checked and double checked that all user settings are correct.
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Garmin SmartLink app?

Joe

I wouldn't think so, but don't know.

Certainly, "Tracks" existed and worked before SmartLink, but anything is possible. My travels are recorded in the "Tracks" section and I have the SmartLink app active. Perhaps a reset is the next step.

I wouldn't think so, but don't know.

Certainly, "Tracks" existed and worked before SmartLink, but anything is possible. My travels are recorded in the "Tracks" section and I have the SmartLink app active. Perhaps a reset is the next step.

Before the draconian hard reset, I'll send a note to Garmin and see what they have to say.

Joe

Back