• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1957 R60 Carb Body Threads Stripped

72r60/7

The Air Bleed Screw threads are stripped in the Carburetor body.
Anyone successfully repaired the M7 threads in that sort of “metal”.

No I didn’t do it. (This time).

Charlie

3D6C5F77-A485-4523-99D3-9941FDBA352C.jpg

Charlie, Have you contacted Bing directly to inquire if they can repair your problem? Just a thought.

Friedle

Some stuff called Muggy Weld might work. Fill hole a bit then tap for threads. Be careful with internal passages. Defintely check with Bing!

Bing said "no problem" to repair stripped threads. $60 US.+-.
They will use an insert and tap as no one makes inserts with that (fine) thread.

While looking for a phone number online, I saw where new Carburetors complete are $875.

Charlie

57 R 60 carb body

I will bet you're glad you took the time to call Bing. $60 sounds a lot better than $875. And better than stuffing the stripped hole with stuff and trying to drill and tap it yourself. Unless you do it correctly your bike will never run right. When they run right they are a very satisfying ride. Had mine out yesterday.

Friedle

Bing fixed it. Turned it around in in less than 5 business days. A day or two less than they said.
Very pleased.

Charlie

Back