• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

We're back again for the 23rd year. Won't you join us.

Friedle

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair
23rd ANNUAL "AIRHEADS AT THE AERODROME" CAMPOUT
Mid Hudson Valley, New York June 22-24, 2018
THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE NORTHEAST
WOW! We will be celebrating our twenty-third year of fun at Dutchess County Wilcox Park, located one mile east of the Taconic Parkway on Route 199 in Milan, NY.
Come join us for two nights camping with lots of shaded camping space. Clean restrooms, free hot showers, covered pavilion, swimming lake, boating and fishing lake, fields, hiking trails and many great local riding roads. Renowned Chef Karla will once again prepare her fabulous Saturday night steak, and LOTS more, dinner (ONLY for those whose pre-paid pre-registrations are postmarked by 7 June 2018). There are restaurants and stores about 8 miles east in Pine Plains, NY or 10 miles west in Rhinebeck, NY for those who choose not to pre-register (and hope there will still be room when they just show up) or wish to fix their own meals. Cooking and campfires on site are permitted. BTW, vegetarian and vegan entrees are also offered for the non-face eaters as part of the 80' long buffet spread.
All brands of motorcycles are welcome, not just BMW airheads, but please, NO LOUD PIPES. There will also be an informal swap meet for those who wish to bring along motorcycle related parts to sell. Swap meet vendor spaces are free. You can still ride to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome on Saturday afternoon for an amazing air show. (Air show admission not included in the rally fee, www.oldrhinebeck.org) We will also offer the choice of a self-guided ride to the 85,000 sq. ft. Motorcyclepedia Museum in Newburgh, NY featuring over 500 motorcycles and other attractions. www.motorcyclepediamuseum.org Lots of local historical attractions, agricultural sites, and even distilleries and wineries to visit.
AGAIN THIS YEAR! Friday Tech Day presented by renown Airhead builder, customizer and restorer Anthony Lonigro, supported by several former PA SuperTech presenters. Bring your questions, projects (with needed parts and fluids) and desire to learn. Questions are free, answers start at $3 each, projects will be addressed as time and space allows. No “bikes in a box” PLEASE! Drinks, food and a donation can will be there for Tech Day support
Motor home/camper electrical and water hookup spaces are limited, so please request early. Parking for four wheelers and trailers is available on site. Contact me for local lodging information for the camping challenged. Note: Campers, motor homes and trailers are not permitted on the Taconic Parkway. Contact me for alternate routes to the site.
Last year, as always, we had to turn a few people away at the gate because this event is that good and space is still limited. EARLY pre-registration is strongly suggested! Do not wait, mail your check today.
Cost for the weekend camping (including Saturday night dinner for the (pre-registered) is only $35.00 per person, children 12 and under are admitted free. Please make your checks out to Michael Friedle. All BMW riders and their guests are welcome. Questions, directions, information or to pre-register, Michael Friedle, 8 College Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603; 914-489-4174 (cell) or mfriedle@verizon.net. Please include an e mail address, or phone number, with your check so I may confirm your registration. See you there soon. Come ready for fun!
Michael, Karla and Alice Friedle

HI Mike

I would like to come again this year, but won't know until the last minute. Would i still be able to get in?

Scott

Dangit!

I will be schussing through the Alps at the time on my little Honda!

Gonna make this rally before I die, Michael... :ha

Ian

23rd

Hello Ian,

It is always the weekend after Father's Day. Enter it in your fancy dancy electronic date book phone thingy for 2019 or 2025 or whenever. You know you will always be welcome. :dance

Friedle

I have been interested in attending for several years, but never made it. Heard it is a great time.

Perhaps this is the year? Working on a couple of prospects for riding partners.

Its always a great Rally..........you don't have to be on a Airhead to show.......Really, Mike told me.

23rd

All are welcome to attend on your choice of 1, 2 or 3 wheels. 4 wheelers are expected to bring some firewood or a cooler of beverages to share. Please, NO LOUD PIPES !

Back