• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Oil/water Pump Seals (argh!)

K75T

Well, I think I destroyed my K75's oil/water pump trying to replace the seals.

Everything went ok until it was time to remove the old seals. When I looked into the pump from the impeller end, I saw a large round thing with a rubbery material around its circumference. I assumed this was the water seal. Yanked off most of the rubber before I realized that this seems to be part of the pump itself. Managed to distort the edges of the metal circle underneath the rubber too, which I assume is going to spell the end of the pump unit.

Couldn't get all of the old oil seal out of there either, despite lots of fiddling with a screwdriver. For the life of me I can't figure out how the newer hard plastic style oil seal will fit through this little hole underneath the water seal area.

Well, I wrote that in a fit of frustration so I'm sure it's completely incomprehensible.

After studying the diagrams and photos for weeks before doing this job, the interior of the pump looked nothing like I expected when I took off the impeller. Sigh. I guess I'll be buying an all new pump, and maybe a trashy used one to play around with so I can understand the anatomy of this thing.

Back