Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member and new to me airhead from Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Nothing specific. We have a rather nice build in our Best of Forum series- https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...g-a-Cafe-Racer
    OM
    Oh yeah I recently read an article on Shane and the Porche themed cafe bike. Absolutely beautiful bike and the builder`s /5 he modeled it after is stunning as well. Well, maybe I'll start one in the Airheads section. Mine will be a more budget friendly version of a cafe, something I can barnstorm on and not worry about paint or chrome damage. The tins on those bikes are incredible. I think the original green and white scheme I'll match on the tail and side covers(and no more chrome)will turn heads as well though. Got very lucky with this rare color, needs to be shown off.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisDarrow View Post
    It's like that E-8 Master Sergeant advised us when we were trying to "Stack Arms" the first time. "Hold it open just like her nice and tight and slide it in easy and soft" and that worked. That bolt is a so tight fit. Yes, heat up the ass embly there with a heat gun. For me, that will not heat it up to much like a torch can overheat. Put perhaps a SMALL vice grip on the bolt head and pull it STRAIGHT OUT WITH A BIT OF WIGGLE that the vice grip allows to the hot bolt. Then the shifter itself should slide off the same way. Straight and with a bit of wiggle.....Patience is the best tool but it will come off. When reinstalling a LOT of time in the freezer first works best........Good luck.....Dennis
    Yeah I've thrown a few choice words at her already but she hasn't loosened up any. Guess I'll just keep at it but might end up taking my favorite tool, tMy grinder and a cutting wheel to it.

Brake pedal came off a lot easier haha. Ready for the rear sets to get here tomorrow. Also air box delete plate/battery tray, tarozzi low-rise clip ons, and fuel lines and filters misc other hardware needed all on order. Stay tuned...

Keep the Windjammer! ...If you're a long distance rider...

Only if you're one of those short distance riders would you want to get rid of a good Windjammer. They'll keep you dry in a frog strangler with 18 wheelers going by on a Interstate where only the old R80 and R100RTs would do the same. The new electrical windshields aren't worth diddelysquat in a rainstorm what with the air space under the windshield letting all the water right up inside.
    Ralph
    '06 BMW K1200GT "The Wedge/Wedgie"
    '08 Royal Enfield Classic "EnnyPenny"

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Only if you're one of those short distance riders would you want to get rid of a good Windjammer. They'll keep you dry in a frog strangler with 18 wheelers going by on a Interstate where only the old R80 and R100RTs would do the same. The new electrical windshields aren't worth diddelysquat in a rainstorm what with the air space under the windshield letting all the water right up inside.
    Yeah, short jaunts only for me, I keep it off the interstate. We've got some stellar roads out here and I ride mainly for enjoyment, rarely as a primary means of transport. Just back and forth to work maybe once a week, an after work hour or so fun ride, and weekend destination vintage meets etc.